Mortal Empowerment doesn’t work if you kill somsone with flamethrower

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: tarty
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Mortal Empowerment doesn’t work if you kill somsone with flamethrower
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: made me sad
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: still sad
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: get mortal empowerment, get kill with flamethrower
  • When did this happen? (Relative time; please include your timezone) yes
2 Likes

Heya @TARTY, thank you for reporting this issue. I have forwarded this to the Development team for review.

Fixing this would make it so flamethrower would break stuns. Pick your battle.

well if this is the case, which i dont see why it would be, dont fix it @o-o

Hey there @TARTY. Unfortunately, I’ve already submitted this bug for review. The Developers do try to balance the weapons as best they can. I assure you, they would take @MixedNuts comment into consideration when working around a fix.

Why would damage over time break stuns? None of the ticking mage spells break stuns. Another post trying to nerf mages ever more than they already are.

Where do you gather anything in my post as trying to nerf mages?

PTR Notes

• Fixed an issue with stuns not being removed on hit taken from various player attacks. (Like Flamethrower, Windchill, etc)
1 Like

Well this is acted for the next Patch, any damage will break stun.
i Hope it will fix the flamtrower kill triggering the perk now.