Mounts and Swimming. Remove Shrines

Hello Adventurers,

i think it would be better to have mounts in the Game and be able to swim in the deeper Water instead of having Shrines. Teleporting functions are somewhat lame and you are skipping this beautiful environment basically. About the people who say “But you cannot do skinning, gatheirng, mining on your mount” , just dont use the mount when you dont need to lol.
I think horses would fit in this Game like in BDO for example. Make them useful for maybe carrying goods and that the horse will follow you while you are farming maybe. Have a whistle to call your horse and let it appear from the distance that it would actually walk towards you and not just magically appear on your screen.
I still dont understand why you can walk in the water…

4 Likes

It‘s hard to take convenience away from people after they got used to it.

2 Likes

No than you. I dont need pink pony :slight_smile: But would be great to get more new content next few months.

2 Likes

A horse that matches the game aesthetics, a big wolf like the one that spawns 2 more or things like that as mounts would be an absolute awesome thing to have. Of course, as long as it matches the game looks, none of that cute kitten BS.

But it would so cool if it had some kind of taming system, something that need’s hard work to obtain (if you don’t take away shrines, easier if they take them away). That way you would add fun grind and not just spam killing bosses.

And for the swimming… SHIPS. Just kidding, maybe not walking in slomo at the bottom of the ocean would add some realism. But i wouldn’t ask for something fancy, just teach the guy to swim.

1 Like

I would love mounts. I don’t need them to be very fast. Just for my immersion.

4 Likes

If you add BDO-style RNG to mounts here it’d be a disaster. Crafting is hard already. Getting somewhat good mount will be tons of hours of grinding.

Remember that to unlock the shrine you have to go there by feet. So you’re not missing anything, you experience the environment on the way. You also get good amount of teritory quests that allow you to explore the region.

Mounts are not needed. It’d be a waste of time atm to go through whole map just to start the tempest, and back to go for a siren arena.

mounts and shrines must exist both in the game…

2 Likes

Poggers guys, Copium.

Im happy that im not the only one supporting the idea

Yeah BDO RNG style is bad, but a regular mount would be fun in my opinion and takes away the endless walking towards a quest or something. I know shrines help on this but i dont like teleporting, it feels cheap…

Yes that would be perfect. Ships? Please :smiley: That could match with woodworking

Not a pink pony, but maybe a regular horse that you have to tame? :smiley: A chain quest for accquiring your mount?
And yes new content would be good :smiley:

I get your point and its debatable but since so many players , including me, are used to it , its hard to forget about it.
I still think horses would fit in Aeternum, i know the story says no but maybe they will add a new zone where horses spawn and those horses are used to aeternum and are tamable?

Why you want devs to use time to add ponny to the game that has no additional value? And lot of systems would have to be rework. Better investments are new game modes and new expansions.

1 Like

Definitely want mounts. Honestly, if they added good mounts, they could bring back the old azoth prices (or maybe a tuned down version). I get the lore doesn’t support domesticated animals but they can easily work around that, especially with the new Varangian storyline.

2 Likes

Hmm, but you want to experience beautiful environment. So why do you want to have faster way of travelling? Few more minutes to enjoy the enviro when walking.

1 Like

I get what you mean, new content is also in need. Im fine with that aswell of course, but both things would be cool to have :smiley:

1 Like

True! Many players wish to have mounts. I think this will increase the player base again a bit atleast. Yes, the new Storyline could be used to add mounts storywise

1 Like

Its not that i dont want to enjoy the world. I would enjoy it on a mount aswell, because you are not sitting blindfolded on your horse then. You can still look around you when you pass the mountains , rivers and lakes. Maybe you have to stop to finish a quest, then you mount off while your horse stand next to you, finish the quest, hop on your mount and keep travelling. You will still run a lot when you farm things to max out your profession and craft items , trust me :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, a new expansion with mounts in it.

no please. fast travel is good, map is not huge. if they bring a much larger map with less shrines, then we can use mounts there(except in cities). other than that, i would prefer to have the game as it is.
PS: i dont want the game to turn into a freakshow with all the ridiculous colorful unimmersive future mount skins other games have… if mounts arrive, i hope they arrive because they would be absolutely needed in a NEW and VERY LARGE map, and i hope they stay as normal horses only

2 Likes