Music performance bugged for those using touchpad laptops - easy fix possible

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Cilure / Caldarec / Lousewort
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aukumea / El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: It is impossible to complete Music Performances accurately on my machine because the laptop I am using has a touchpad where it is not possible to simultaneously right- and left-click the mouse buttons and there is no apparent remapping or secondary buttons for those inputs allowed.
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated) Yes, I would classify this as a bug, because it is a programmed flaw that makes the intended gameplay impossible on a supported machine until the issue is fixed.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: It makes it so that every time the “right-and-left-click buttons” note from music performance shows up it must always be wrong. Because I can’t hit both buttons simultaneously on my computer, there is no way to play the note correctly unless I purchase a different device to change the input (like having to buy a second mouse or something).
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No. I just have to accept the wrong notes during performance.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: It is ubiquitous; in any music performance you will see the two notes required together.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Start any music performance on a touchpad laptop and you’ll see the issue when that note comes up.
  • When did this happen? Every time I try to play music; most often roughly an hour ago (ca. 9:25 a.m. RMT 11/27/2022 on character Cilure).
    There’s an easy workaround to this bug – this workaround shouldn’t give touchpad users any unfair advantage over other players. That would be to allow a secondary input for that specific note (where two other buttons have to be hit together; for example, choosing that I have to hit G and B at once rather than left- and right-click at once to make the note work). This has already been submitted as feedback but the more I think about it, it is better categorized as a bug. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.