Musket is Unplayable in OPR

I’ve been playing the musket in OPR. I am a pretty decent player, I do okay damage but I’m nothing to write home about. I consistently get at least 15-25 assists in each game. I know how to play musket and when to back off, and I don’t die a lot.

Assists are worth near to nothing. I have been forced to be a PvE player consistently because assists are worth less than mining for 2 minutes. I can rarely get the ruby gypsum otherwise, even after sweating hard and doing tens of thousands of damage in a match because all of my credit is assists.

I one v one’d a guy from range today. I didn’t finish him because a random melee guy saw him on the ground and finished him before I could. I got an assist - no kill credit even though I did 100% damage of the guy’s health. Even if I can kill a guy, there’s a damn good chance I can’t finish him before someone else does -

WHY in the world does the person who finish the enemy get the kill credit, and not the person who knocks them? As a range with no long-range aoe, or rapid fire shot to finish people on the ground off, I can’t get any kills without stealing them from teammates. This is not how this mechanic should work - the person who does the damage to knock the guy should get kill credit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.