Musket overhaul suggestion from dedicated musket user. [PvP side]

Bring trapper skill set to at least how it was in preview versions. I like how you need to utilize stamina to do stuff. Stamina should affect more than just musket it should affect all combat mechanics.

1 Like
  • Called shot is useless
    It’s not necessary to wait 3 seconds. Just forget about it and sometimes it will help you, especially in open world. Btw, you can be in scope mode after you shot. And this is the only option here, because you have only 3 options, 2 are shit.

• Back it up
    Maybe it should be changed to armor penetration.

Also i have some suggestion.

1. Dodge during reload lock your character. I think this maybe a bug but if it is intended plz remove it. New World close combat is very fast pacing game. With weak close combat this make musket at massive disadvantage. Other range weapon such as fire staff, ice, bow all have good mobility
  2. Is musket the only weapon get penalty like slow reload during no stamina? Remove the slow reload will greatly improve it
  3. Musket cannot change weapon when exhausted plus reloading. not sure this intentional either. quite often i need to do a double dodge and then exhausted. and it also prevent me to switch weapon too. so i am pretty much locked in slow reload plus no switch weapon = dead
  4. also no movement speed penalty when reloading too will be quite important
2 Likes

@jk2l

It’s already included in what I wrote.

I suggesting remove or reduce great time of
active skill reload, but, yeah.
Some dodge out capability is welcome.

If they not gonna give anything like that,
should at least make skill reload gives
super armor / huge fortify so can be used
timing defensive one.

This is what I made that shows current
musket problem which I wrote on OP.

Great feedback mate,

The thing i agree on most is that in most games : bow have more DPS, but it has less range so it makes sense. But muskeet have more range (thats fine in the game) but should have a bit more damage on impact (still should be under bow in term of DPS) but most importantly :slight_smile:
ARMOR PENETRATION !

Indeed muskeet are historicaly what ended the chainmail area because of their high penetrating against iron !

2 Likes

Well done… im a musket/spear build… we need alot of help. the Reloads / lack of swapping is a horrible mechanic

Musket’s fine, wait till late game. It 1-5 shots everyone, even folks in heavy.

He has a 570gs musket and I’ve it as well. It’s pretty garbage. That a legendary musket is better - agreed. But is it viable against void bend armor?

I don’t think so.

We banned all muskets from 50vs50 PvP.

I disagree, I was pure Dex Musket build in Alpha and Beta, seeing zero changes during all this time that addressed the problems, and even taking away Feign Death made me switch to Tank. I actually purchased this game so I could play the Musket but it feels so bad I gave up on it.

2 Likes

it’s pathetically ridiculous and disgusting to need a legendary weapon and use reload sploit to make the weapon playable… have you reached this level?! I remember that in alpha he was good but the ammo was horrible to get/manufacture, my only problem was this, they ruined this weapon to an almost no return point and all for what?! pvp?! disgusted.

It makes me laugh.

I deleted a man in voidbent with 3 shots yesterday. Mid axe charge no less. Dood went sliding for miles. It’s probably the only weapon that can kill healers in heavy. Ya’ll are building wrong. Get stance and stack empower perks.

Let also talk about ammo. Besides the bow no other weapon in game requires semi rare ingredients to craft ammo. The resources required to make 1000 Star metal bullets is insane. I don’t bother to use the bullets in PvE because it’s just plan too expensive/time consuming. To make 2000 bullets to last me a day I need to spent 2-3 hours collecting and crafting ammo. That’s not even including travel time to walk to each location to gather items or use azoth. It’s sells for .9 gold each on the trading post. So pretty much musket is not cost effective in PvE and rarely used.

2 Likes

You think starmetal bullets are bad? Try orichalcum ones.i It’s worse.

1 Like

as I said before, a stone arrow, made with a twig, a chicken feather and a stone of 1.00 damage multiplier, an iron cartridge which needs triple the items and work to make the 1.00 multiplier damage… fuck the logic

As i am playing musket since beta (spear / musket lvl 60)
I can totally agree with your post and your suggestions. The current state of musket in pvp aswell as pve is kinda sad and needs for sure improvement.
Let’s hope amazon game studios tries to do some balancing in near future. Latest patchnotes however contain already small tweaks (although these changes are questionable… why would they buff lifestaff lol)

2 Likes

Obviously if I’m complaining about Starmetal the next tier would be worse.

And Arrow basic can be build on the campfire, musket can’t.

1 Like

Also, did you guys know, that sticky bomb damage can be mitigated with a single dodge at the explosion moment? Thats completly ridiculous! That ability is hight risk low reward…
I bought this game for the musket, leveling was fun until a point, but in pvp Iam disappointed with this weapon. Every ability usage is super punishing because the mobility.

5 Likes