My company mate was permabanned after making too many characters and can't post on the forums

Character_Name: CalumetKing
Server_Name: Folkvangr
_If_available,_include_links_to_screenshots,_logs,_or_recordings_to_help_troubleshoot_your_issue.: Why are people getting banned for creating characters to check other worlds to transfer to? - #22 by HermitKing
I received a permaban for creating too many characters too quickly. This has been acknowledged by Mugsy 4 days ago however players are still being banned with no explanation. I can show screenshots that show I was looking at different servers and created 12+ characters to see the map before I was banned. In my first appeal response I was told I was banned for disruptive behavior. However the game when launched says I was banned for cheating. Further replies to my appeal are copy and pasted and continue to say I was banned for cheating but wont specify how I “cheated”. The creator of nwmaps.info (a website designed to provide information that should be provided by amazon but isn’t) was also banned for the exact same reason. Making too many characters. There is no ticket number or issue number for me to reference when contacting customer support.

3 Likes

Bump!!!

2 Likes

Also!!! He called CS and they said he had 0 appeals on his acc. Despite putting in one yeaterday! What’s going on here!!

1 Like

I can imagine making all those characters in a short window of time makes your account look like a gold farming account or something of that nature. 12 characters? Why did you not just look up server population info then check a few that looked good instead of spamming new characters and jumping on random servers to see what the faction breakdown looked like?

1 Like

Hope you get some help, friend. My wife was finally unbanned as of today, although we got zero response from anyone. The only way we realized it was lifted was when we tried to login. This is a known issue but it looks like they are really trying to sweep this under the rug. To be honest we are still deciding if we still want to support the company after how this was handled.

The thing that really gets me is that post from @NW_Mugsy so-called community manager. They had us give our in game names making us believe he was trying to get us help, then closes the thread and throws us under the bus. Victim blaming as though we should understand what changes they made to the backend autobans for catching gold sellers, downplaying the issue to be only a hand full of people, and zero empathy or apology for the innocent players affected. Thanks for shaming us in a public forum, the hate tells in game from the forum troglodytes has really enhanced our gameplay!

5 Likes

Why are you blaming the victim for doing something that breaks zero rules of the games TOS? It only took us doing it 3-4 times to get the autoban. This is a known and admitted issue and you are still here defending it, crazy.

5 Likes

I hope the day will come they make a public statement to address this issue

4 Likes

Calumetking plays a very important role in our small company and has been wrongfully banned by Amazon. He is innocent and I can vouch for his integrity after playing along side him and getting to know him within the game and company private chat. Nothing was exploited, he did not dupe any gold or items. There is no cheating on his end in any way, shape or form. Everything he has done has been in accordance with the rules. He is a huge part of our company who goes out of their way to assist everyone in any way he can. Within one day of being accepted into the company and a stranger to everyone already, both he and the governor helped me through an elite zone within 5min of my request for assistance. They dropped what they were doing to provide assistance. Never have I met such friendly and helpful people online. Please, lift Calumetking’s wrongful ban and let him return to his company.

4 Likes

@NW_Mugsy since you keep locking these threads, I want to point out that the forums are literally the only opportunity that we in these situations have to reach out for help. Support gives incorrect information and waiting 7+ days for a ban appeal is unacceptable. I just waited that time frame myself to never actually get an answer. My account was just unlocked with no response or apology… the process is completely broken.

7 Likes

Sadly it looks like @NW_Mugsy is continuing to shutdown our cries for help and sending us to the moderation team that has still not replied to us, nor been able to give us a concrete reason why we were banned in the first place (despite asking for the reason on multiple occasions). Closing these threads doesn’t make these issues go away it just further breeds anger and distrust among the community you are supposed to be serving.

4 Likes

I appreciate you all helping to try and make this post heard! <3 stay safe hopefully he’ll get his ban lifted and we can be running elites with the gang again :heart:

5 Likes

Greetings @damnzack.

Welcome to the forums! And sorry about the inconvenience that your are facing with this ban.

I can suggest you to make another appeal, and I will explain you why. We don’t know if it’s an issue or part of the Anti-Cheat system (we can’t speculate, so that’s why is still under review and our dev team is working on it). I can’t tell you that you will be unbanned, however if you can confirm with them and proof that you were not doing anything who goes against the policies, then they will have a solid proof and help you.

I hope this information can help you, I will provide you a couple of links who might help.

Anti-Cheat System:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GJSYGMDGB7NMYLKE#:~:text=Amazon%20Games%20leverages%20anti-cheat,and%20cheating%20in%20our%20games.&text=It%20transmits%20this%20data%20and,cheating%20and%20other%20malicious%20activity.

Appeal a ban:
https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/support/new-world/articles/appeal-a-ban

:cat: :octopus:

1 Like

I really appreciate you writing back to me but we have been through this song and dance before. This was his original response to his appeal.

Hello,

We reviewed the information you provided on appeal and have confirmed that the original disciplinary action was merited in your case.

Please do not submit multiple tickets, as that will only delay a review of your penalty.​

We take instances of Disruptive Behavior seriously as it is harmful to the community and violates the following section of our Code of Conduct (Amazon.com Help: Amazon Games Code of Conduct):

Do: play within the rules of the game. Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.

Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.

Do not engage in real-money trading of in-game items and in-game currencies. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate. ​

As a result, your New World account remains permanent suspended.

We can’t share any further information about our decision, and we won’t reply to further emails about this issue.​

Best regards,
Jim L.
Amazon Game Studios

Please just help us out. We all know this is a false flag problem.

3 Likes

And this is his second one that says he was “cheating”
Hello,

We reviewed the information you provided on appeal and have confirmed that the original disciplinary action was merited in your case. We take instances of cheating seriously as it is harmful to the community and violates the following section of our Code of Conduct (https://www.amazon.com/help/ags/coc):

1. Play fair

Do: play within the rules of the game.

Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.

Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.

Do not engage in real-money trading of in-game items and in-game currencies.

We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate.

As a result, your New World account remains permanently banned.

We can’t share any further information about our decision, and we won’t reply to further emails about this issue.

Best regards,

3 Likes

CalumetKing is a Consul/Founder of a growing 40+ person company, that we created together… PHLNX on the Folkvangr Server.

What happened to CalumetKing was unjust and a huge hit to our Community… If his ban is not reversed quickly, the general consensus among the community is that most will just leave the game entirely. We will also see to it that we will push to share all this information with the rest of the community on the FOLKVANGR server and Reddit.

Not only has our community been coping with the fact that we were all sold an OBVIOUSLY unfinished game, while dealing with game breaking bugs constantly… NOW, we have one of the backbones to our community unjustly banned?! ON TOP OF THAT we come to find out that AGS obviously dropped the ball with Customer Service?!

How much longer are you guys going to keep shoveling water on this sinking ship!? These obvious automated responses are not going to keep your player retention!

If it wasn’t for players like CalumetKing, tons of players would have already dropped this Beta Play-test of a game.

Start owning up and fixing things that matter AGS!!!

• Free CalumetKing and all the players that this bug has targeted…
  • We want real responses not robots!!!
  • Most of all, we want ACCOUNTABILITY from AGS!!!
2 Likes

When my buddy makes an appeal the message he gets back is them saying for him to make another appeal. What is going on here!!! @NW_Mugsy @Cathulhu cmon y’all. You know it’s a problem.

Greetings!

This is Apoorv from Amazon Games.

I understand this must be frustrating.

You can appeal the ban and someone from our moderator team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Here is the link for it:

https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/support/new-world/articles/appeal-a-ban

Thank you for contacting us and giving me an opportunity to help you.

Have a wonderful day.

Best regards,
Apoorv Srivastava
Amazon Game Studios
Original Message

Character_Name: CalumetKing
Server_Name: Folkvangr
_If_available,_include_links_to_screenshots,_logs,_or_recordings_to_help_troubleshoot_your_issue.: Malicious Mass Report Leading to a Permaban - Where is the transparency and fairness? - #101 by johnny65
I created 10+ characters to see the maps of other servers before transferring. This has been an acknowledged issue of players being wrongly netted for bot behavior. My first appeal said I was banned for “disruptive behavior” however the message I received in game says I was banned for “cheating”. I haven’t been able to get a straight answer on any of my appeals. However I see that if enough noise is made on the forums, someone can actually look at it. The problem is that I can’t post on the forums because my account has been banned. What am I supposed to do?

Yeah good luck, my brother is still perma banned for making a meme on global chat for disruptive behavior. He gets the bots answers all the time from the staff and they don’t want to tell him why he was banned and that they will reply no more the matter.

Yet, I have been reporting the same bot for three weeks and he is still roaming the world:

Player base is declining fast, no wonder why with how they treat their customers.
Game is great and all but this is unacceptable, this lack of transparency will be the end of this game.

When they get called out on it, they close the thread :frowning: Seems to have been banned wrongly (probably perm?) - #28 by johnny65

He got his answer by mail and it was basically you are banned and we are not telling you why, period.

Hey folks, unfortunately the forums is not a place where detailed account violation information can be posted. If you were creating 10+ accounts, in a short period of time, skipping the tutorial, and showing behavior a lot like how gold spammers operate you were likely tagged by that software. My intention isn’t to shame anyone but to explain that you likely met the same behavioral criteria as many gold spammers. You will need to work with support to show that you are a legit player.
Unfortunately, that can’t be solved on the forums. I will again send the details from this thread to the Moderation team to investigate.

4 Likes