My game is basically unplayable today

I have been getting this rubberbanding constantly … stuff you see normally with lag but I dont think Im lagging I play this game several hours a day and have not ever had it nearly this bad. It started a bit last night and just 20x worse today… Its like Im running thru Windsward and woop im 2 steps behind no im 2 steps forward back and forth then it finally lets me run normally for 10-20 seconds and then it starts doing that again…

Ive literally reset everything to default and lowered the visuals despite having a pretty decent computer I like to max FPS – I dont know what to do now

Ok, do you see latency (ping) fluctuations to the game server while this is happening? If you enabled it, it should be in the upper left of your screen.

ya moreso than normal but not huge … like 70ms when my pings around 15 usually

Yeah I play at a pretty consistent 35ms here on the east coast. Very occasionally I’ll see big spikes in latency and its apparent in game something is up but it usually settles down and all is well.

If this is consistent for you, you may want to run something like PingPlotter both to your default gateway IP and to something like 8.8.8.8 and see if the issue is on your end. You can let it run while you play. If you’re seeing latency/packet loss there, its not a NW issue.

Its really annoying that on the PTR its not doing this

Hello @AmbassadorDvinn

Thanks for the report about the lagging you have today. I’m really sorry about the problem you’re getting.

Lets try to fix any broken file by running a file check: Steam Support :: Verify Integrity of Game Files

Make sure to reset your router in order to avoid any internet connection issues as well.

You can lower the resolution to High in the settings and cap to 60 fps.

After all steps above:

• Shut down the computer completely. Turn it on, then run the Steam client as administrator and try the game again.

I hope this can help you with your situation.

We’ll see you in Aeternum!

Thanks for the tips but no they didnt help and lowering my video resolution isnt an option as everything is set to low already

Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
GeForce RTX 3080
32 mb of RAM

yet this keeps happening -

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.