My response to dev about watermark

Would you guys feel this is more acceptable thn increase expertise cap to 600 and only allowing 600 gs to be upgraded?

22 Likes

it’s a 1% difference in power. nothing to cry about.

1 Like

im not crying but alot of people are getting really upset about the increase so this should be a better solution thn having everyone now have to grind another 10 gs levels just to be able to upgrade.

4 Likes

People haven’t even understood the advantage with the Gypsum

Before, I had to pray that the item with WM that came out, was the one I needed. was that a what…? 1/20? 5% Posib…?

Now I can decide which item to go up and if it drop with the rng, then even better.

Same with the new system, it’s less RNG, more self-control. But they don’t even wait for it to come out to start whining …

6 Likes

The gypsum system is good if you’re trying to level a specific weapon, but the one before expertise and drop rate nerfs was significantly better/faster/easier than gypsum.

1 Like

it’s probably around 3-4% in extra dps on a full plate 150 con full resil pvp target.

You’d have to sit there and sim it out with the calculator and log the final dmg numbers based on typical combat situations.

No Way.

Its just 2 weapons I want to level up. And armor. Is so easy with gypsum.

You want all 20 Ă­tems at GS590? Good Luck, with or without gypsum.

Gonna happen, but no faster.

I super appreciate you guys having a conversation about this! That’s all I’m asking. No name calling, or anger, just talking it through and weighing both sides of an idea.

7 Likes

I feel this is an example of developers trying to force players into doing dungeons. And that sucks.

10 Likes

3-4% over 50 sweaty kids in war is alot. And the fact they get free money to get it first. Kinda sucks.

3 Likes

What would you prefer to do at end game instead of dungeons?

If that nerd is dealing 2kdmg, that gives them 60 extra dmg. Like I said you need to look at the numbers in the dmg calc to see.

i can say their are a ton of people that are awaiting pvp arenas 2v2 3v3/ smaller scale pvp all pvp in game is currently large scale.
adding these new umbrals give something similar to faction vendors to upgrade faction pvp gear. right now 520 gear is way to low to be worth anything.

13 Likes

Okay, I can see that. What about end game stuff for PvE?

2 Likes

thats the issue tho you cant just keep adding end game pve and nothing to pvp thats what causes people to get mad.

you add mutations for pve now its time to add somthing to satisfy pvpers

10 Likes

I think the mutated dungeons are fine.

But the impression I get with the last few releases is that PVP is fine with just OPR which as it stand also tailors to PVE. Which is not bad but nothing seems to be for PVP players and the performance is terrible.

I want to see meaningful combat in the open world. Or ranked PVP instances. I also want to see multiple play styles supported. You guys have added PVE stuff only.

There are 100 posts on the forums with better ideas for PVP but here is a short list:

1. Add loot from PVP kills in the OW that matches your WM.
  2. Add better rewards from OPR chests.
  3. Add more ways to get Gypsum with PVP
  4. Give us faction missions that are better.
6 Likes

So you’re saying keep the dungeons for pve and the arenas for pvp? Which makes sense and I know I’d enjoy as a player… but then brings the question with, so many weapons and/or armor feels unbalanced. Shouldn’t arenas wait then?

4 Likes

Ranked arenas would help you balance combat.

13 Likes

You’re right about unbalance right now but with smaller scale pvp you’re able to balance weapons easier imo you can open the ptr up and just test out pvp arenas for a period of time, atleast at that point people know you guys are working on them. im sure if youre playing the game youve seen the crowds of players dueling outside WW or seen the people creating their own dueling tournaments. But the only issue with dueling is you start the duel and you both kinda just look at each other and once the timer ends you start attacking.

would be nice to have actual arenas added that we can que for also would be nice if they added arena land marks close to towns were people can go and have duels in a actual arena for fun.

as for more content for pve i would like to see all expiditions have mutations and also they need to mutate the arena bosses.

btw i really do appreciate you coming into this thread and actually talking with us! really does mean alot!

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense from any point of view …

GA / WH are kings in PvP not because they are good or because they do a lot of damage. It’s because of his CC and AoE in instantiated PvP.

In 1vs1, you will see how hatchet, Rappier, even S & S / Musket star to shine.

I agree that some PvP is needed to occupy you, but not because of the reasons you expose.