Myrkguard Earring not gaining third perk at 600+

• What is your character name in New World: Sierra415
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US West - Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When spending umbral shards to upgrade the newly-added Myrkguard Earring, the item is not becoming legendary and gaining a third perk. It appears the item may be bugged, as the NWDB entry lists the wrong perks in the perk bucket for the item. I tested 15 Myrkguard Earrings and not a single one of them upgraded to legendary at 600+. The odds of this happening 15 times in a row are less than 0.0001% (0.45^20).
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: By not becoming legendary, as the other random-third-perk items (Instrumentality Earring, etc) do, this item ends up costing a significant number of shards to upgrade for no discernable benefit.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No. I tested this multiple times, along with other members of my group, and none of use were able to get a legendary upgrade. This has resulted in several thousand wasted umbral shards testing the bug.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: 1) Obtain a Myrkguard Earring from the Tempest mutator; 2) upgrade the earring using Umbral Shards to 600+; 3) the item does not upgrade to legendary and gain a third perk in approximately ~20 rolls.

i think its like other jewels from others mutas, you need to drop it at 600 to get the 3rd perk.

That’s entirely possible… I’m like 75% sure that my Refreshing/Refreshing Toast/Focused Instrumentality Earring was as a result of upgrading via Umbrals.

It stands to reason upgrading to 600 would make it legendary, seeing as it is a named item.

The Instrumentality Earring you have most definitely dropped at 600. It doesn’t get an extra perk when you upgrade it via umbral shards. You can usually tell this by the fact that they are purple on NWDB. Those that do get the last perk will show up as legendary.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.