****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******
- What is your character name in New World: BigReddCHungus
- What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dis
- Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unbearable lag spikes
- Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I teleport around making normal blocking and combat almost impossible if i lag
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
Chat lags too.
I’ve played other games, with no lag for years. I’m hardwired in, it’s definitely not on my end as other people on my server have this issue. I also work in computer networking so I’m not you average noob when it comes to this.
It’s on amazon’s side. I have no issue playing fighting games that require low latency peer-to-peer gaming connections. And I never lag when I’m playing other games online. Only New World. And the fact that I can correlate my lag with watching my CMD ping amazon, says something is on their end.
Whenever I ping google.com for 10 minutes, it never lags as much as it does with amazon. It never even hiccups. Amazon hiccups like every 30 seconds and I can feel lag before I even see it.
Amazon’s ping test
google’s ping test
If it was on my end, I would see hiccups in the connection to google.com, but I don’t so it’s amazon’s servers being amazon