Network Side Lag on Amazon's Side?

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: BigReddCHungus
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dis
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unbearable lag spikes
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I teleport around making normal blocking and combat almost impossible if i lag
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Chat lags too.

I’ve played other games, with no lag for years. I’m hardwired in, it’s definitely not on my end as other people on my server have this issue. I also work in computer networking so I’m not you average noob when it comes to this.

It’s on amazon’s side. I have no issue playing fighting games that require low latency peer-to-peer gaming connections. And I never lag when I’m playing other games online. Only New World. And the fact that I can correlate my lag with watching my CMD ping amazon, says something is on their end.

Whenever I ping google.com for 10 minutes, it never lags as much as it does with amazon. It never even hiccups. Amazon hiccups like every 30 seconds and I can feel lag before I even see it.

Amazon’s ping test

google’s ping test

If it was on my end, I would see hiccups in the connection to google.com, but I don’t so it’s amazon’s servers being amazon

2 Likes

Same thing here. Already messaged technical support but they haven’t emailed me back yet and I doubt that they will provide with any relevant info besides linking their Input Lag and Connectivity page… Right now with rubberbanding and high input latency (constant 120+), while server latency seems fine (40-60ms), the game is unplayable for me to just PvE, if talking about PvP then my latency spikes to high 150-180 and it’s impossible to get a direct hit on the opponent. So yeah idk what to do, I just hope that more people voice their issues with high ping/latency so the devs can actually fix this.

1 Like

Another exmaple of amazon ping versus google’s

Amazons

Google’s

bump

This lag is fucking stupid and getting worse

Yep, getting worse.

It’s on their end, It got worse with 1.0.5.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.