New Queer-Friendly Company/Community

VOGUE is a new queer-friendly Discord community open to players of all levels and playstyles, especially those looking for a more inclusive community to play with. Enjoy New World with other fellow gaymers and allies. We are chill and wholesome af.

This is an experiment to see if there is a desire from New World players to have not only an LGBTQ+ friendly community, but just a chill, inclusive community to play with. The VOGUE Discord community currently spans US East and West servers for now. The VOGUE Marauder company will be up tomorrow on Castle of Steel, so please join us there if you like as well!

Discord invite link.

Edit: PM me for a fresh link.

5 Likes

I thought ‘queer’ wasn’t actually a reasonable word to use towards people of various sexual dispositions.

I would hope that no company even asks what your sexual orientation is when recruiting as it has zero relevance in the game.

8 Likes

i like the name.

2 Likes

There is no gate keeping with this community. Sexual orientation isn’t a “requirement”. It’s for people looking for that shared common ground.

4 Likes

Idk. This one in particular strikes me as being no different from other company recruitment posts really.

It’s just someone sending out feelers for like-minded individuals.

6 Likes

No one is pushing anything down your throat. If this thread doesn’t apply to you, or help you in any way, feel free to move on. You’re the one actually taking time to focus on the topic and reply to something that sounds like has nothing to do with you and no effect whatsoever on how you play the game.

3 Likes

why does this bother you so much? No one is asking you to join. And in my experience there are plenty of hate directed at all sorts of people in this game (general chat and in companies). I left two b/c of the accepted hate.

3 Likes

You must have missed the part where it says open to all players. You don’t have to be gay to join lol

3 Likes

You shouldn’t make so many assumptions.

3 Likes

Theres tons of homophobic casual comments in game, and in mostly any mmo too.

Joining a place like this is just to be safe and knowing your team mates won’t be saying such stuff.

A very simple concept.

Not interested? Move on.

3 Likes

Well, some of the replies to this thread kind of show why such a community has a place… :roll_eyes:

Good luck!

5 Likes

in this case, everything can offend everyone. Except that you differentiate people based on their sexual orientation, which has nothing to do with an mmorpg. We are not here to exclude ourselves because of this, but to unite around the game

4 Likes

Exactly!

But many people lack empathy.

1 Like

What is the big deal? Can someone please explain it to me?

Someone wants to create/organize an LGBTQ guild/community. OK. Good for them. People who want to join it will join it, people who dont wont. Im not LGBTQ, but i really dont care if someone creates a company and tries to get members. Im probably not going to join, but if others want to join great!

Again, why is this such a big deal for some people?

2 Likes

amen

Nothing is being pushed down your throat. It’s a clan named VOGUE that is saying they’re LGBT inclusive. How are you affected by this?

3 Likes

“It is seen as morally wrong to form communities with focus other than playing the game. (like imagine Gamers recruiting for a Gun Festival in real life or an inclusive straight Parade where Milo Yiannopoulos[gay] is the Leader. That was a real thing btw.)”

Here is the description of the guild in the OP -

“VOGUE is a new queer-friendly Discord community open to players of all levels and playstyles, especially those looking for a more inclusive community to play with. Enjoy New World with other fellow gaymers and allies. We are chill and wholesome af.”

It sounds to me like the focus is playing New World…

1 Like

“And I find it creepy that you need my sexual orientation to play a game of killing things. Predatory to a degree. I’ve seen it go bad in other games. Like in a Private server of Aion, Devs had to fire a GM recruiting people for a ‘Dance’ community in real life cuz it wasn’t just that. FF14 has its problems with its roleplaying community. Devs ignore it but they literally do prostitution… Google it”

You find it creepy? Again. This is a feelings issue. No one ever said you needed to state you orientation to play this game. I really wonder what the source of this creepy feeling you get. Again, is it becasue of a fundamental/religious objection?

2 Likes

ᑌn卄inged Gaming (unhinged.gg) Please check out what we have to offer, and feel free to check us out on our website and Discord channel!

Rules are very simple, we are no drama llama. And are a safe space for anyone from any place! Drop by today!
[/quote]

We are very welcoming of anyone from any walk of life, and absolutely -Anti Negativity-

I’m sorry you felt that a lot of companies were not inclusive =C

3 Likes

Angry old man outraged that people stand up for themselves

1 Like