New World Crashing my GPU - EVGA 1080 FTW

can you elaborate?

Seems like i fixed my issue.
I dl afterburner, monitored the GPU temp, it got to 84 and then the game froze. I opend the cabinet, forced 100% fanspeed on GPU using Afterburner, and raised the temp limit to 89 Now im playing steady at 59

Edit: Turned all on High ingame visuals, varies from 66 to 69`

Probaly what solved your problem its the last minor update from yesterday (75mb patch), here this patch solved my random crashs after 5-10 minutes, i can play from 4-5 hours without a crash yesterday after the update.

Good news everyone, the devs are looking into it. I just got an official response from @Chameliaca . Thank you for your effort @Chameliaca ! It means a lot to all of us.

Response:

Hello spazem!
Just got word back that the issue has been reported and the devs are working on it.
If I get more updates on this I’ll make sure to pass the word to you. Thank you for your patience!

I’ll update my main post so people know it’s being worked on =)

3 Likes

jeahhhh thx for keeping us up todate

1 Like

I rolled back to 2021-08-27, it my set driver date, the new 1 that fucked me was only weeks old or so.

I tried this yesterday and still had the same freezing issue for my GTX 1050 Ti. I did not have this issue in beta on the 2021-08-27 driver.

jear did the same and had the same result no problem in beta but freezes now (nvidia geforce 1080ti)

I have experienced the black screen and 100% fans 2 times today as soon as I enter the character customization screen, decided not to launch this game till this is fixed.

i fixed this with downgrade nvidia drivers

which one did you use to fix this issue?

I’m having problems with New World shutting down my PC outright, or causing a black screen and my fans to go absolutely crazy. I have tried 2 different cards (Zotac RTX 2060 AMP and an ASUS ROG strix RTX 3070 ti, the latter of which i am no longer using in New World due to fears of it being bricked following numerous reports)

Rest of my system is as follows:

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Motherboard
Intel i5 11600k water cooled
32gb HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 4266mhz
WD Black 2TB NVMe SSD
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+, 80 Plus Gold 750W PSU

New World is the only game i’ve had issues like this with, i’ve started running monitoring software while playing, and like others have reported i’ve been seeing large spikes in power consumption by my GPU shortly before the PC shuts down.

i will try it later that day and then respond:)

THANK YOU for pushing Amazon to actually work on a real response to this.

Wonder how long we have to wait for fix

1 Like

Im now get crash again after almost 13hrs on game…
But i think it helps

I have an Aorus RTX 3080 Master Rev 1.0 (the one with two 8 pin power connectors) that’s exhibiting this issue.

Chatted with support who’s only advice was to update windows, update drivers (all of which up to date), disable IPV6 etc.

After confirming all, I got the following from the chat agent:

Me [12:01:32 PM]: I would just like to know if I can safely keep playing the game. I am afraid it will damage my video card.

Deepak [12:02:13 PM]: I would request you to be cautious while playing the game until we come up with a permanent fix for the issue.

So pretty much “don’t play the game or it might actually brick your card”?

1 Like

No need to thank me but I appreciate it =) We’re all on the same boat so I know how everyone feels not being able to play a game they’ve been waiting to play for a really long time. Hope we all get to enjoy it together soon =)

4 Likes

Same here Aorus 3090 Waterforce Waterblock edition. Bringing down powerlevel to 30% is stable, but 30FPS is not why people pay 2.3k for a video card…Card disconnects from computer randomy when tolled in game