New World has a chance to get ESO players

The direction of that game is making people leave in droves, New World has a chance to pick some of them up if they fix 3 main issues

• Questing and lack of story

• Better reward loop

• A proper PVE endgame

5 Likes

I think its possible for NW to pick up PVP oriented ESO players, but likely not many PVE players.

5 Likes

That s because New World is a PVP game full of carebear, that s why they want New World as a PVE game ^^

3 Likes

I think ESO and NW both had their shot. ESO had a longer moment of glory then NW is bound for, but something better then both is sure to be on the horizon.

2 Likes

@MatosQc it’s a PVP/PVE game. Come on.

2 Likes

As an mmo vet since the late 90s I approve this message. It will work.

3 Likes

Well maybe if some of the more agressive communities lighten up it wouldnt drive so many away. Everytime anyone asks if the game is worth it here comes another ticked off pvp player saying how bad they think it is.

I enjoy both forms of content but I find pve more fun and considering mmos are about the rpg aspects as well then your pve will always need to be fairly strong even if the pvp is the main focus.

2 Likes

They could easily get the pve players too if NW finally decides to add raids and continue making great expeditions. ESO’s “dungeons” were meh imo. WoW by far dominates mmos in dungeons/raids. I mine, some dungeons are meh but they have so many of them and have tons of amazing ones. SWTOR also has some great “dungeons/raids” too. I consider NW’s Expeditions up there with those 2. FFXIV, Rift, etc. I thought were all meh. Not sure though if ESO has raids and if so how they are are but I didn’t like FFXIV raids. Not immersive at all on boss fights.

2 Likes

@StarseedGamer What does new world need to do for players who like action packed mmos like eso??

I am a little confused as new world action is top notch for an mmo, it could use a little more flash in abilities. Maybe something to make them all more unique to each other to like an ultimate ability.

2 Likes

@Bojangles You thought eso’s dungeons were meh? I thought it was their strongest pieces of content. ESO has decent quests but overland is way too easy. Killing a big baddie in 3 to 5 hits. So boring.

@StarseedGamer i’m speaking content wise

1 Like

Oh sorry, well content wise I would probably flash out the storyline/lore a bit more. More interesting side quests, a little more mob variety, maybe eventually add dynamic events to make the world more alive.

Oh and I would add more incentive rewards in pve like cosmetics but you need a transmog system first.

The reason i think new world has a chance to compete with ESO is a lot of people are upset about the latest update. Eso was my main mmo but i decided to come back here becausse i waas just tired of not being treated as a customer by zos.

1 Like

If anything, this game has a chance of attracting PVP players, because ESO’s PVP is a giant pile of garbage compared to this.

5 Likes

I just left WoW and bought new world and am having a blast. It’s the honeymoon phase but I’m loving the world.

Honestly I’m most excited for PVP at end game.

5 Likes

Yea I know and ive known for quite a long time what that company is about.

They can’t even get a group finder to work a year after release. Or a way to save gear set ups. Both should have been from day 1. Also having to respec every time to set up gathering gear, weapons, armors etc.

1 Like

Well don’t piss off the wrong person in New World or you will get massed reported and auto banned with no way of getting unbanned. You will just get auto replies from support.

@brassring39 i think they wanted to make finding dungeons social, that failed, so went back to drawing board