New World is Broken - Video by Josh Hayes

This isn’t about letting someone decide if you like the game or not. Many of us have played a lot (I have 223 hours into it) and no matter how much you may like something that doesn’t mean there aren’t issues with the core of the game.

1 Like

True. He isn’t 100% accurate but these issues still exist and are baked into the game.

That’s a good idea. Could be something they implement if they don’t want to work the system from the ground up.

why do people watch this guys videos? lmao. josh hayes is such a bad content creator

2 Likes

I disagree but more power to you.

Dude is click bait.

He is actually very good at pointing things out and is doing a great job at covering the whole mmo scene
He said several times that he does not want the game to fail.
You are just attacking the messenger here.

There was and still is client side manipulation of the game. (Although they fixed some of the issues)

He may not be right about of what’s causing this ongoing exploits but he still has a point.

2 Likes

Have a bigger summary here:

You clearly didn’t watch the video at all. Because it’s not about his opinion on the game, in fact he mentions he actually likes the game and wants to play it. He literally just brings up issues with the game and how broken they are. Nobody cares if you’re fully enjoying it. You’re probably not level 60 yet and have not yet reached end game because to say you are enjoying the monotonous and repetitive content that this game is, would be lying.

‘it’s a new game’ Yeah and? I don’t remember a single MMO that has released in such an abysmal state. Bugs and exploits are being discovered daily, shit that is easily fixed are not being fixed. No shit it’ll get better with time, but releasing a game in this state is downright disrespectful to everyone, including you, who paid for a game.

Most of you fanboys need to realize that the people complaining about the game actually like the game and wants shit to be fixed so they can enjoy themselves. A vast majority of players are experiencing these problems and your little ‘i’m enjoying the game’ posts do absolutely nothing but validate their horrible decisions. I do not care if you are enjoying it, the majority aren’t, and the huge drop in player count and the huge amount of complaints show that.

7 Likes

this minor bugs?
relaaaax

Dont use it Problem solved .
Same for gold Sellers…dont buy Problem solved
Same for everything else
Its not the Game that is the main problem its the gamers that exploit that are a problem as they dont play , but exploit and min max everything.

This ja what comes around if your Game follows meritocracy formula of effort and reward , instead of have fun and a good time playing is the reward.
That is when good sportmanship getan laughed about.

Kids theses days.

Cannot spoil me the game, i can still have fun and play around sweaty exploiters.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Guess you weren’t in Vanilla WoW then. Feel free to do some research. Start with WoW patch day, have a giggle at the fact that WoW helped with pandemic spread research after a plague ‘escaped’ from BG’s and wiped out the world pop and then finish by looking at Launch day problems. Please don’t look up the (up to 7 days-ish(?) rollbacks that were common, you will cry.

Trust me, NW is an exercise in excellence compared to the first few years of WoW.

Saying that, yes there are some major problems that need to be fixed, sooner rather that later, or it will fade away.

2 Likes

Ahh yes, I remember the plague bug that spread throughout most of Azeroth. Not really sure how much info they could have shared with pandemic research as it was pretty straight forward. One person was infected and ‘traveled’ to a uninfected population, then being in near proximity of those caused the infection to spread, those that were infected could then ‘travel’ to another location and infect others etc. Fairly certain this is common knowledge in elementary school but I digress.

Didn’t Blizz patch this within a few days? NW will need a massive approach to re-code the entire game. Not a light task, thus making it damn near broken at this state.

What I want to know is if the youtuber informed the developers about the issues, log a bug or just created a video, and hoping someone on his viewers will report it… I did not watch the video, I don’t feel watching a video in a forum

Seriously, look it up. Yes they knew the basics, but this was the first time that they had a ‘real’ world example that they could use to examine the distribution vectors. Apparently they were shocked by the speed of the distribution. I don’t remember the specifics but it was an interesting read.

And while Josh is right to bring up the points he did, neither he, nor Callum, actually know how the game is coded and can only speculate. Which will always be worst case and click baity.

I’m enjoying the game and other than the problems with IG and FS I’ve not been impacted yet. I’m also not 60 yet, so take that as you will.

I can guarantee they know. I should imagine that they are inundated with notifications telling them.

They also have GM’s floating around in the world who will see the chat and be able to try and replicate the bugs.

I’m all for various YouTubers giving their opinions on the game. I’ve watched many of them, both good and bad, but this video is just clickbait. The whole premise of his video is that New World is “client-side authoritative”, which the devs have already debunked.

This is just some random guy on the internet pretending to be an expert on game development, but he’s fundamentally wrong.

2 Likes

No, and i’d assume most people weren’t. There’s an excuse for that type of shit back then since MMOs were relatively new. There’s absolutely no excuse for this type of shit in 2021 that has had thousands of MMOs to go on and almost 2 decades of MMO and plenty of developers with years of experience to help an MMO not have these game breaking bugs. The well guardian being almost unkillable unless you are in a group and put it in a glitch spot + the malevolence spawning once per reset are two bugs that are easy af to fix, yet they choose to fix jackolantern eyes not being rendered properly.

Well, i’d say that since you’re not 60, you’ve not yet experienced the problems to their fullest extent. The opinion of a sub-60 on new worlds game balance is kinda irrelevant imo since they don’t really have a fully grasped understanding of the end game, it’s mechanics and how things affect each other. The game has a good starter experience, a meh mid game (where a lot of people have burnt out) and a horrible end game that many people constantly complain about, and for good reason.

This video is bringing to light many issues with the game. The devs also say the games economy is fine and that there is no deflation happening. I, nor should you, take these devs word for anything. 2 different employees have blatantly said 2 different things in the past on this forum.

Pretty sure he said he wasn’t an expert on game development but okay. He got a friend of his, who is a coder, to give a more in depth analysis on how the chat bug works. Nowhere does he pretend to be anything. Just because someone is well spoken doesn’t mean they’re pretentious buddy.

I was there prior to WOW launch, I was there on the final beta day when they destroyed the world with a beta event. I even remember trying really hard to stay alive during that destruction, although it was clear that was impossible.

Lot’s of fun.

The plague did not wipe out the world population either, that’s wrong. I was there the whole period of the plague, so I know first hand that was not the case.

The point I am trying to make is that regardless of bugs, Blizzard does what is necessary to contain the damage and fix the bugs. Roll backs or or even taken servers down, whatever it takes.

This company knows about bugs like the invulnerability bugs, and does nothing besides working on a fix. Companies are using this and other bugs to gain territory and there’s nothing you can do besides watch the map, experience the effects of that, and wait for a patch to fix the bug(s).

They should have disabled the war system until this bug was fixed. Same as with the auction house. They should have disabled it until it was fixed.

Now you might ask why would you want that action, now nobody can have a war, nobody can use the auction house anymore, that is crazy!

Well yes, that is the point of it. It forces this company to act with haste, because disabled in game systems are very obvious to every customer. By not disabling features bugs can be left in game for days or even weeks, and that is completely unacceptable.

It is called accountability, and while this company will say they have a lot of accountability, it’s very easy to say something but a totally different story doing something.

So far they have a bad patch record, introducing new bugs with every patch.

1 Like

Then… How do you explain people showing up “floating in air” to other players when the jumper does the “window shake”.

If the action is being mathed on the server. Then the jumper should keep falling to the rest of us, but appear stuck in the air on their client.