New World is one fix from being PERFECT!

I never thought I would be addicted to a video game like I was World of Warcraft when I was younger. New World has shown me that is far from true. A video game like New World is pretty much exactly what I have been looking for in online video games for nearly 4+ years. I am far beyond impressed with Amazon Studios work with this game and genuinely have no complaints other than one thing…

Faction War needs a Balance, I don’t understand how a fix hasn’t already been implemented being that we are nearly three weeks into the game and every single server including servers that opened late is consumed by Syndicate across the map. I went Marauders because it fits me and my playstyle the most… it made sense. The Server I am on and pretty much every single server my friends have characters on and play on has five Syndicates for every one Marauder player. I wont even go into how unhappy Covenant is on my server. Truthfully its made the game interesting but going into two weeks of non stop War, defending Conflict status, defensive sieges the top three Marauder Companies on my server are all absolutely exhausted. We see little to no help from smaller Marauder Companies. My Company men and women are frequently expressing how the faction war and unfairness of numbers is sucking the life out of the game for them and taking away their fun. My Officers and I havent been able to leave the one territory we own in the three to four hours we have to play each evening.

The moment the Company goes to sleep, within 20-30 minutes we are back in conflict and awaiting a pending War. That’s because the Syndicate have the numbers to raid, loot and pillage throughout ALL hours of the day. I am actively hearing my company mates complain about the fact that they cant even go level because they are needed to run counter pvp missions. This is not just a problem on my server, its all servers. There are so many little things Amazon studios could implement to help the semi casual players and balance the Faction War to a somewhat fair middle ground. I have players coming up to me every day saying, “Please do not lose Windsward! Its where me and my friends have made our homes and have stakes here.” The Syndicate absolutely abuse the tax system on my server to where their own players dont even really craft in their cities due to how high taxes are.

Im afraid if this isnt fixed soon I am going to see so many of the amazing people I have met through the game stop playing entirely. Noone wants to be forced to play a Faction because its for some reason the popular pick or meta! There are a couple things Amazon could do that I have heard numberous players mention:

I love the no War Sundays! Thats awesome, but its just not enough.

• Possibly a 48-72 hour cooldown between people waging War on a territory you own. (This would allowed players to have the freedom to venture out other than their zone and actually play the game, explore, quest and grow more friendships with players outside of their Company.)
  • Maybe depending on the server time have peak hours where Influence can be pushed or defended instead of being available to do so during all hours of the night. (This will allow a Company to not spend their only four hours of playtime a night to go do something else.)
  • Seen on Reddit: Have the percentage of each Factions members displayed in the World Info to help players find a server that better suits them.
  • Make Wars more expensive? I’m sorry but two people can Quest for one hour and come up with the 10,000 coins required to declare a war.
  • I am open to all other suggestions.

Please give this post the attention it needs, I am genuinely fearful for what will become of this game if action isn’t taken soon.

1 Like

Good post, constructive instead of destructive.

My thoughts on this

I love the no War Sundays! Thats awesome, but its just not enough.

It is one of the days I am free, as well as most people. I wont be locked out of War because you people are to War Fatigued.

• Possibly a 48-72 hour cooldown between people waging War on a territory you own. (This would allowed players to have the freedom to venture out other than their zone and actually play the game, explore, quest and grow more friendships with players outside of their Company.)

War is part of the end game. If your focus is war and you are not 60 then that is your problem.

This is a game of territorial control, if you can’t keep it that is your companies/faction problem. It isn’t right that the other companies get locked out of taking it over because another company failed.

• Maybe depending on the server time have peak hours where Influence can be pushed or defended instead of being available to do so during all hours of the night. (This will allow a Company to not spend their only four hours of playtime a night to go do something else.)

War happens for 30 minutes, once per day. Maybe that company or those players just shouldn’t be involved if defending once a day for 30 minutes is too much for them.

Seen on Reddit

No.

• Make Wars more expensive? I’m sorry but two people can Quest for one hour and come up with the 10,000 coins required to declare a war.

I wouldn’t be against this, in fact I agree with it. War should be extremely expensive and taxing. It should cost upwards of 1,000,000 gold.

Max gold is 500,000 for a single player. 100 players per company, 50 players per war. 10k per company member OR 20k per participating player.

I’d like to introduce myself, but first… you must be Mr Syndicate? I am Greatly Outnumbered Marauder. Nice to meet you.

Uh no, what kind of assumption was that?

I am on Covenant, I wanted more people to kill and more territories to take over.

Yes, I also only agree with the increase in war payment. It should be more than 100k so no very small company takes our time without punishment. 30 mins war but preparation is like 4hrs. then it turns out to just be a massacre. wasted a lot of time for that. Make it so that declaring war means something and is not really easy to do. 100k or 200k per war would be good or more that scales how many territories that company has.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.