New World x The Wheel of Time Twitch Drops!

Not sure if any of the Devs have already answered this somewhere else on the forums!

But I was wondering if anyone knows if you’re already up-to-date with the series if essentailly that counts towards the 7 hours for the drops (as already been 7 episodes out) or if you’ll have to basically re-watch it all again to get the drops from the 23rd of Decemeber onwards :thinking:?

Also, how will Twitch know I’ve watched 7 hours worth of episodes on Amazon Prime Video? As I’m assuming I’ll have to switch back to/go on Twitch to see if I have the drops! My accounts are linked, but not sure if it works the same as watching a normal Twitch stream watching the series on Amazon Prime Video.

Sorry if this just seems dumb, but obvs don’t want to miss out on the drops or have to re-watch from the start if i don’t have to! :sweat_smile:

Where does it talk about twitch drops for watching this series? I just went to look it up on amazon and all I saw were the reviews saying it’s horrible. “woke drivel” was my favorite one.

1 Like

Dude, to get the reward, you need to watch the streams of the New World game, not the TV series. This is the whole point of twitch drops

1 Like

Couldn’t even make it through the first episode. Disappointing to say the least.

1 Like

What is stated is the following:

The Wheel of Time inspired player set features coats, cloaks, blades, and a company crest. Watch the entire Season 1 of The Wheel of Time exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.

The more you watch, the more you earn. Watch 7 cumulative hours of New World ‘Drops Enabled’ streams between December 23 at 9 P.M. PT and January 12, 2022 at 12 A.M. PT to earn all items in the Drop

In other words, you will earn these drops by watching New World streams on Twitch, with the Drops Enabled flair. Not by actually watching the series. The items you will be getting are just based on the series.

1 Like

Right okay, see I got confused with how its actually working as its says later on in the post and I quote " Can’t make it? No worries. You can watch The Wheel of Time at your convenience on Amazon Prime Video, and you have until January 12, 2022 at 12 A.M. PT to earn the Twitch Drops."

So I assumed you had to watch 7 hours of the series rather than just 7 hours of Twitch enabled drops! :sweat_smile:

I always join one of those twitch streams, minimize the browser as soon as the drop timer starts, and come back every hour or so to claim and get the next drop.

I cannot imagine actually having to watch twitch for 7 hours to get the drops.

The person or persons that came up with linking cosmetics to viewing twitch needs a new line of work.

Who in their “right mind” is going to watch another person play a video game? I understand watching paint dry is also popular with the gaming crowd in some situations. Combine this with an absurd one hour per item requirement is insanity.

Hard pass on anything associated with a twitch requirement.

Hey!! It is raining outside, I am going to watch the raindrops hit the ground for a few hours.

Twitch is more about interacting with people who are playing, especially with streamers who don’t have a huge active audience. It’s a great way to build community and enhance our enjoyment of games.

But, I guess I’ve been “watching people play video games” since the 90s when I had to wait for my turn on the computer :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

Suddenly i’m not getting my Twitch drops.

I watched a stream last night and got 2 drops. Today I watch a different stream because I forgot the name of last night’s streamer. I made sure it was one that said “Drops Enabled”. After an hour and a half, I had no drops. I switched to a third streamer for an hour and got no drops.

Is this happening to anybody else?

I kind of want to participate but any time I go to twitch it seems it’s the hardest thing in the world to just see what streams are eligible for the drops. I just keep logging on, looking… looking… giving up and going to play the game. I’ve never been able to find one.

Edit: Found one just now. First time that’s happened :smiley:

Did you ‘CLAIM’ your drops while watching the twitch stream?

Every hour you need to ‘CLAIM’ your drops or you won’t get them, no matter how many hours you watch them stream.
A message usually appears down the bottom right of the screen reminding you to claim… Just click on the message I think…
:grin:

Edit: Maybe you hadn’t linked your twitch to New World/Steam?
You need to do this every time you start twitch up, log in and link.

Yes, thanks for responding. I’ve been claiming my drops, but I haven’t had any new ones to claim since the two I got last night.

And i’m linked. I double-checked.

You need to login and make sure your twitch is linked every time you start twitch up.

Activate your twitch drops from here…
https://www.newworld.com/en-us/twitch-drops

1 Like

I watched, I connected, I claimed, and still haven’t shown up in game. How long does it take for them to show up after you claim them? My normal prime loot claims are instant.

2 Likes

same cant see skin in game… other rewards always worked good but [The Wheel of Time Drops] dont work in game for me

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.