"No Product Information Found"

So I have crappy internet sometimes when I play from my RV on my mobile hotspot. I get this message anytime I launch the game and my wifi is out. There is a callback that happens over the internet while it’s being launched and if it can’t make that callback it will give you this message.

I’d check your connection and give it another shot - that works for me.

1 Like

I appreciate the input, but my connection is solid. My ISP hasn’t had an outage since the game launched.

2 Likes

There are way many reasons why that needs to be turn off as in the case of address space is full in IPV4, the internet grows and never stops and the fact that IPv6 is not supported that much on gaming. Meaning that disabling IPv6 lets your pc run NW without any difficulty as you recently encountered.

Now, I would like to know if you already did it back in 4 months or not. If not I encourage you to go ahead and try it.

No, I have not disabled IPv6 at any point. This is a new error.

Why am I encountering this error for the first time? Why should I downgrade my PC settings?

1 Like

Just go ahead an disable IPv6, so you can get on to the next troubleshooting step; instead of being argumentative against it. It’s really not that big of a deal disabling it. IPv6 is more of a failsafe/safeguard measure for the future, when there will be a need of expanding IP address leases. As of right now, most games do not take advantage of IPv6.

1 Like

I have literally never encountered a situation with any PC game in which disabling IPv6 was necessary. I have not encountered this issue in the first 4 months this game has been live.

I fail to see how restricting my network settings should be a necessary step just to run this game. I anxiously await an actual explanation.

2 Likes

Excuse me for expecting a product that is actually functional

1 Like

LOL you must be new here. There’s a lot worse bugs within the game, in comparison to disabling IPv6 as a troubleshooting step.

I can guarantee you are not hindering your self by disabling it. It’s just another way the internet translates your computer name.

Example would be:

• Hostname: Dealdrick-PC
  • IPv4: 172.58.6.112
  • IPv6: 2001:db8:3333:4444:5555:6666:7777:8888

You’re not losing anything, other than a long translation for your computer’s activity on the internet.

And no, that’s not your actual address or computer name, it’s something I made up on the spot.

2 Likes

I would try ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew from an admin command prompt first to see if that fixes it before disabling ipv6.

Direct from the people that created and maintain the operating system on my PC

“Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is a mandatory part of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and newer versions. We do not recommend that you disable IPv6 or its components. If you do, some Windows components may not function.”

Your guarantee is worth very little to me. Your input is not helpful.

Also premium!
I would add ipconfig /flushdns, between the release and the renew cmd strings.

Vista and WS2008 are both End of Life/not supported by Microsoft anymore.

“and newer versions”

I don’t think you actually read it

I can see this isn’t going to get very far. Best of luck mate!

1 Like

Another source on why disabling IPv6 is a bad idea

Are you disabling IPv6? Maybe you should stop — and here’s why (techgenix.com)

Disabling IPV6 does NOT gimp your machine. Jeez.

1 Like

That is a HORRENDOUS article. Seriously . . . horrendous.

Nerds that work in the networking world would tell you that 99% of what the woman wrote is pure bs.

What she wrote ONLY works if the whole network is IPV6. It isn’t. There are so many hops on the internet that something is getting translated, thus negating her purported benefits.

You might want to see what CISCO says. They tend to have more equipment that routes more traffic than anyone else.

2 Likes

Hello @dealdrick,

Hope you are doing well!!

I’m sorry to hear about your issue and that you are not able to enjoy New World.

Please follow these steps: Launch Error - Product Information not found

If the issue persist please contact us via our live support channel so we can investigate your issue: Contact Us | Amazon Games.

As we will need some personal information from your account. Be sure to have your game logs ready just in case they ask for them.

You can access your game logs from: Users\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups

DxDiag report https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85:

1. Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  2. Click on dxdiag.exe.
  3. When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Cheers! :grin:

None of this was necessary. Cycling power on the modem was enough to resolve the problem. Very disappointed in the quality of your product and its support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.