Nobody coming back to grind for days/weeks

I mean they did do a free weekend to try the game but the amount of people that “tried it” was not abundant. Yes i think the reviews on steam a good portion of why steers people away. I know i’ve had people ask me how the game is and frankly i tell them check it out when it goes free or in a year when more changes have been made.

But sadly with all the changes its still Time gate after time gate.

Yeah,

I agree about all of the time gates. Like, I KNOW they were trying to strike a balance between casual and hardcore gaming by introducing limits. I see it now with the new salt/xp for PVP by having 3 hours worth of high gain, then 25% of that after you hit the cap.

Similar to “Rested XP” in other games.

But it’s on everything, everything is gated. Gyspum was a nice addition to expertise, aaaaaaand they gated it to one item type per day.

Like that kind of stuff just really rubs the wrong way.

I say, if someone really wants to sweat it out to max, let them. You are not going to convince them to stay longer by just adding more gates.

That’s what a lot of it is, many of the systems they added were just leg weights on already existing systems to slow people down artificially.

3 Likes

I don’t think people are going to come back anyways. Damage has been done.

The expertise/gypsum systems are just coats of paint over a crumbling wall. The overall gearing/itemization system just doesn’t feel good. It’s grindy in the worst way (in a way that’s inherently tied to massive rng).

2 Likes

Yep. There is not much rewarding feeling anywhere in game in fact. All is RNG.

1 Like

I’ll parrot the same thing I’ve been saying since they changed core combat mechanics in 2020.

The grind doesn’t feel like a grind if the combat is engaging.

They changed the combat to be less punishing and more zerg/MMO friendly rather than Souls-like and it’s failed to capture player attention ever since. It’s a core design problem. Now people just rush through things, AoE them down as quickly as possible, pick up their bags of loot and move on to the next boring encounter. There’s no thought, no danger, no risk, just grind.

5 Likes

The expertise mechanic is clearly made to slow players down. PvPers especially were just doing everything possible to get to max level everything instead of playing the game.

At launch, instead of flagging up and playing the game, they unflagged and went to farm bears in a cave.
Instead of getting drops or crafting gear, they bought RMT money and paid-to-win buying gear off the Trading Post.

Circumventing the game like this is ultimately what brought Expertise in – you can’t buy it with RMT and it’s time gated so you cant just get a group together and zerg it all in one day (although you can still zerg elite zones, making them a complete joke).
And thanks to exploiters and cheaters, everyone’s hurt by these changes.

That’s how it goes in every game where exploitation and cheating is not caught and punished by permanent bans.

Same thing with OPR – players and even botters found all sorts of ways to loss-farm, so they had to institute a scoring system to try to force players to actually play OPR once they queued for it.
So now players focus on getting a score to ensure rewards but are still not interested in PvP.

And Azoth Salt – what did PvPers do first thing it came out? Exploit the system with fort win-trading to farm it.

PvP cheaters and exploiters are the cause of the continuing “bad” systems in New World, and the root cause of the game going to shit.

2 Likes

agree whit you , ppl from this game is just leaving… not coming back

PVP arenas must be equalized gearscore so new players can have fun there too.

I mean, it’d help if they listened to any feedback beside the stark-raving-mad players who still loyally dump hundreds of hours in, but they’ve made a comfy echo chamber for themselves and refuse to step out of it.

They’ll pass that along to the team for ya, boss. That’s all we got and it’s all we get.

They just refuse to learn and so I can’t have any hope in them. And still, so so bad at communication. Fuck off ‘pass it along to the team,’ the team hasn’t done shit with like 99% of the feedback they get despite coming out after the patch to agree with the feedback. It’s disgusting and the fact that they’ve yet to admit that this is a trend with them is hilarious.

I guess I’m just hoping for some character development with them but it never happens. This game is a smashing success and they refuse to see otherwise. -shrug-

2 Likes

Already tried that Here but since that isnt happening they needed to atleast make gear we can grind for nobody likes rng, i get you need it in the game to a certain point but pvp gear should not be rng!

We needed a pvp gearing system you grind for and have somthing already in your sights, azoth salt could be the currency. Take gear out the pvp tracks and add other shit and bring in a new vendor with gear you buy with salt atleast at that point youll be able to see what you want and grind out for it.

I hate to say it, but the grind is already better than it was. You can knock out gypsum easily. Which lets you pick and choose what to upgrade. It’s miles better than early on in the system where Gypsum was scarce, cooldowns were awful, and chests were about the only way to consistently level it up.

We’re helping a friend, and she started at 500. She’s gotten to 550 in most things with just a few runs of dungeons and things. Gen and Laz drop gear score increases like mad and you (at least on our server) find people to run them with you easily. Trials take about 5 minutes to do and aren’t too painful.

MMO’s have a grind. Yes it’s obnoxious, but if they get rid of this grind there will simply be some other grind to take it’s place.

1 Like

I also will reiterate that i was sold an advertisement for souls like combat, in an MMO. And myself and everyone else that picked this up absolutely did not get that.

Everything i liked about what i was seeing in the combat slowly got stripped away for more fluid, fast, street fighter esque combos and sonic the hedgehog rolling.

I wanted POWERFUL moves and attacks, blocking to be mandatory, dodge to be your lifeline. Not BAPBAPBAP yourdead lol.

I still play, as do some other die hards. But i believe whole heartedly that hundreds of thousands of people felt like they got sold down the river.

3 Likes

I believe, could be wrong, but they have a survey pinned to the Home Screen when you log-in. It gets updated periodically, so I’ve filled it out a couple times. They haven’t done the greatest job telling people to fill it out.

I think you’re right.

I think there is a spectrum of players and we’ve all seen the extremes on these forums, on Reddit, or even in the game itself.

1. On one end of the spectrum is the “Doom and Gloomers.” The sky is perpetually falling. The game is going to shut-down in a week. They’ve been saying it for months. Their mantra is “it’s over, stop playing.”

2. The other side is Copium addicts. I actually think there are fewer of these people than people say. But yes, they’re those who find no fault. Everything is fine, we’re always one patch away from the breakthrough. Brimstone Sands will save it all.

Most of us fall somewhere in-between and slide up and down depending on the circumstances.

I think I’ve been moving closer to the doom and gloom. Except I’m not going to tell people to stop playing. That’s ridiculous we’re all here to have fun and however you do that is your business. It’s more of a disappointed feeling. Why? For me personally, I still enjoy playing, but I see the numbers, I see some servers dying, so it ain’t looking great. But like I said I still have fun, I play with a few cool people, so I’m gona ride it out. I

I think you’re right though. Few people want to invest time into a game that has seen numbers decline drastically. There are tons of posts online discussing the death of the game. True or not, you can’t expect the average person to be like “hmmm, that seems like a good use of my time.” If they play a game and like it, they want to know it will be there in six months. I held out hope for arenas but the “meh” response sort of sealed it.

All you need to do is up your gear score which is pretty dumb and easy. And buy items. Even tho i will whoop your az with faction gear 520gs. If this game is grinding. I dont know what it is. Didnt even read your article after that stupid headline

The root cause of mass evasion of endgame players is the lack of solution on desync / rubberband / teleport / noreg dmg / stable pvp - pve enviroment. Put a pvp autoflag on anyplace, for example, and see players pop up all the holes… including me. Besides, needs better pve endgame replayability more than Open dungeons or instanced dungeons. Some kind of minigames inside the game. For now… is far much more stable, at least to me, play 3x3 arenas on Apex Legends than here. At this moment, i cant stand more than 15 minutes on NW.

Being serious, this game had almost 0 content since launch. All patches, mutators, and so on aren’t new content. We need real new content

2 Likes

I can say this, as someone who logged on daily, played solo pve on everything (Only ran Anrime ONCE when I was 40, not a dungeon since, other just pushed through and wouldn’t explain shit and so I said screw grouping up) and ever since this latest patch…the very day of it’s release, I’ve logged on 6 times to fishing, run a mission or two and quit.

I’ve lost all real desire to play like I use to have and I’m greedy…I’ll play/use something till I can’t no more…well, no more is quickly heading that way and it SUCKS!!! I so want this game to succeed but even I’m thinking if they keep outright ignoring what few are left and don’t make some drastic changes ASAP…it’s going down faster than Japan did when we hit them with two atomic bombs and I hate saying this :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.