Not sure for how long but bots significantly reduced

Obviously the programmers that create this kind of software are busily working away trying to find loopholes in whatever measures have been taken against them.

What a waste of our time and their talent.

6 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re happy or this is another complaint

5 Likes

Not sure how this could be read as a complaint against AGS. It is a complaint against botting in general.

Primarily it’s a sense of temporary relief from the swarm of locusts that has appeared in the last month or so on my server.

3 Likes

Farming right now is amazing!!

5 Likes

Ban wave confirmed. Usually happens with a new patch, but rest assured, bot creators are working just as hard to find ways for their software to be undetected, especially when that software funds their livelihood.

AGS needs to rework some of the systems in game in order to disuade bot software developers from pursuing development of bots. GL. I guess.

3 Likes

yea… or the actual population of the game is so low now that its no longer profitable to sell gold on NW so the bots moved on.

the other option would be that AGS was actually capable to do something against them.

ill let you decide which is more likely…

10 Likes

AGS removed the API that allowed websites to pull data such as server population levels. That happened along with the patch apparently.

1 Like

Funny I’ve seen more bots tonight than I have seen for quite a while. I am running about in an different area though so could explain why I am seeing more.

1 Like

They’re just waiting for update bot :frowning:

2 Likes

Most likely waiting on cheat providers to update the bot program to remain undetected. New patch = behind the scenes update to anticheat in most cases. They’ll return soon dw

2 Likes

When the Bot can go to the market and insta sell items to the buy orders for coin, it is pretty good scam they got going. I will have to go see if my Favorite fishing bot that i have reported for the past 4 weeks go from level 35 up to level 60 in the same spot and gear is doing. He has never left the spot in all the times i have bene there and can farm out a hotspot in 5 mins flat. Aside from getting a very large block list, i have not seen anything done about the bots. They are farming everything from Fiber to Ori. Only way around that for me is to get a mob after them . Very easy cause half the time they dont fight back and rely on running away and the distance for mob to save them.

Hell, i would even offer to be an Admin just to get them off the server with the amount my Co has come across and the discouragement of no action done against them no matter how many reports each of us did on one bot.

3 Likes

The bot may not be there for a little bit. They changed fishing to require you to manually bait your rod each time.

The issue on our server is not technically actual bots. We have a swarm of characters with bfgbfg style random names that are clearly run by humans as they do things like avoid nodes if someone is obviously going to beat them to it - BUT they are on 24 hours a day 7 days a week so obviously not run by just the one human player but instead seem to be a paid team working shifts for some minimal reward.

1 Like

I suppose the best AI is still a human one.

There are rumors on my server that certain individuals with excessive amounts of time linked to accomplishments, gear, and money are group running each others characters, ie., they share accounts.

It’s a rumor of course and could simply be exaggeration based on envy.

At the same time it is plausible.

Glad to hear that you’re seeing less!

2 Likes

All rapored bots by my still playing - It’s around 3 weeks now…

One of them farming Starmetal around Brightwood. If I want to collect some I need to pull mobs on him, then I have a few min peace.

2 Likes

This is pure discrimination toward bots.

“Bots are people too!” - Recksters (c) 2022

Let’s do a march! I demand justice!

Disclaimer: fiction
Counter-Disclaimer: But is it?

1 Like

Even the bots want nothing to do with this horrible update :rofl:

2 Likes

Listed some Asmodeum Chisels on the TP quite a bit lower than the lowest price, searched in vain for gear upgrades. Five minutes passed and I check chisel prices. One listed 0.01 lower than mine, another listed 0.01 lower than that one, and another listed 0.02 lower than that other one.

Actually an improvement, usually there’d be a dozen listings undercutting me by then. Not gone, but certainly reduced. Oh, this also means bots were doing faction quests.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry. When the bots return their outsourced customer service reps our report tickets are sent to will surely ignore them until critical mass of complaints are again reached.

1 Like