Overwolf = ban forever?

They are able to track it, how I won’t really go into details but, the app uses more than just an overlay to get player location through OCR

It doesn’t need OCR as the location is freely given by API. Gonna end my replies here because you’re talking out of your ass and I have interest in engaging further.

commenting on overwolf. yes it is safe (for now)

Thanks, hero. You should get a job in CS, imagine doing this but making money.

You are an idiot… they clearly posted it was fine in the dev blog… jesus

Clearly ??? lol they clearly stated it WASNT ok to use them until they confirmed to the rules (which 2 of them now do and the other one quit)

You can buy 580 gear as soon as you hit lvl 60 lmao

1 Like

? Are you drunk? They literally addressed in a post what was OK and what wasn’t.
They clearly addressed it with pointers
Stop spreading false information

Next time learn to read moron.

They even addressed after that all the points that was OK and Wasn’t

1 Like

They’ve already said they don’t ban people using Overwolf minimap. No doubt got banned for something else that you don’t want to talk about.

I mean can AGS type precise reason for ban? For every permanent ban they should.

We don’t know if that guy was banned for something he deserves or he doesn’t. Just state an exact reason when banning anyone.

This guy used a much older reply from the devs lol

this.

what is the ban reason
so we can appeal

if none, what the f we want to appeal
unless we really did something illegal

I didn’t receive any warnings. you posted an article about overwolf with the following words, nobody has been banned for overwolf yet.
I didn’t get a warning ban

there is no such thing that I would not like to talk about, it is in my interests to tell everything as it is, because I still believe that I am not guilty and I will be unblocked

the reason for the ban was cheats, except for the overwolf, I did not use anything

Vera I created another topic, where I described the situation in full and covered everything.

I would steer clear of Overwolf all together. Last year I got an insta permaban on Warzone for using Overwolf. I appealed with a letter from MS support saying that there was a known issue with Overwolf and Windows Insider builds that caused the false flag, but typical no-fun Activision’s response was “all bans are final”.

In summary, uninstall Overwolf and never use it again for anything. Not worth the risk.

The warning isn’t a personal warning, what they meant is that they’ll address a warning to the community, you already read the warning, it clearly stated:

How is this not a warning for you?

You got banned for duping, botting or exploting.

Overwolf has nothing to do with it and stop trying to defend yourself with that AddOn, making other people feel uncomfy using the AddOn now.

Overwolf is not an Exploit, since it doesn’t act like an ESP. It shows you, where stuff is but it doesn’t show you if it’s currently UP. As long, as it doesn’t act like an ESP and shows you active nodes and stuff it will be legal to use.

Except what you’re saying is a lie.

An easy search on Google will reveal this from Overwolf Map creators:

It is illegal to use it if it shows resources, period. And that’s from the CREATORS of the Minimap that was in talk with Amazon.

Using an In-game overlay that display locations was illegal