Overwolf Map - updated response?

So after this update it seems AGS might have changed their position on the Overwolf map. Im looking for an update to why this has changed.

I understand AGS’s terms of wanting to keep players “immersion and attention” in their game and the world they have created - but having a compass that was built for a PVP-focused game back in alpha, it serves no purpose here in the PvE aspect of this MMO with its poor tracking and the fact IT NEVER WORKS.

Now Overwolf is a add-on that adds the map overlay to you screen - so it doesn’t pull focus away from your game. Im able to view the game, the beautiful map and everything going on - im happy, your happy. Now that you once again removed access to the API [intentional or not] i am now having to use a 3rd party map outside of my game to route check myself…

congratulations - removing the map is having the opposite affect you “wanted to achieve”

fix your compass or trash it all together - or let us use the map… focus on the more important game BREAKING bugs

3 Likes

What point in the patch notes indicates that they might have changed their position?

Compass is more than enough - you have long-range indicators for quests and short-range indicators for other stuff.

I’m very happy with their stance on the overwolf map and I really hope they’ll start banning people for using it so they can focus on the important things than responding for the nth time to the same question

1 Like

Dude, just use the minimap, dupers got 24hrs ban, the minimap will give you 5 to 7 minutes of ban

1 Like

Are people still on it? Jesus.

You can use it, enjoy it!

1 Like

K so not a high priority for them to make a circle icon and place a map fill command.
So use over wolf map it was said to be acceptable. Moving on

The Overwolf map is not allowed as it was prior (not sure if anything changed) because the Overwolf map showed everything and that’s not allowed.

In sum, the only things any minimap can show is what your compass+large map already show.

6 days ago the devs responded and said it was allowed for now. we are past the argument of legal vs illegal.

today after the patch it doesn’t seem to be working… i am questioning if something changed on this patch, or if the API changed as AGS said they were working with Overwolf on this.

Simple question

Yea I’m not sure if they stealth removed the positional API or if the author just needs to update it for the patch.

i didnt see any, hence why i was asking if there was a ninja update no one knew about

thank you!

what the hell are you talking about? Noone was ever banned for the map, cause AGS said it was allowed. And they have never said that they have reversed this decision. So either it’s a bug, or they just changed the API without informing the addon creators in advance, which devs usually do!

Why not just have a rule that the mod has to collect data from the player meaning it will only show nodes on the mini map that the player has actually mined previously there fore the exploration has been completed and now it just helps you get back there efficiently.

You spending 2 hours looking for a stupid box or a stupid node is annoying and more likely going to drive players away from your game

WHAT DO YOU NEED AN UPDATED RESPONSE FOR?

THEY POSTED THEIR STANCE ON IT ALREADY.

GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON-- THERE ARE INFINATELY MORE GAME BREAKING THINGS GOING ON THAT WHAT A MINI MAP MIMICS FROM WHAT CAN ALREADY BE SEEN ON A BACKSCREEN.

THE ONLY ONE CONCERNED IS YOU FOR SOME ANAL RETENTATIVE REASON.

PULL THE PLUG OUT, GET IN GAME AND PLAY THE GAME.

some people here are can do nothing but whine, cry, and complain

The game needs to have an open API for that.

They never said it was allowed. What they’ve said is:

Overwolf is not following the exact rules of compass therefore it’s not allowed.

Wrong. As long as overwolf just show a position of things and position alone it is allowed because it does not differ from genie map or newworld-map. If overwolf would feed you information about the node being active or on CD then that violates the rules and is punishable.

Limited to what u can see with compass also.

Overwolf API was down for a bit after the patch went up, the maps are working now, I don’t know why this is derailing so much.

Also I believe all maps were given a deadline to accomidate to AGS’ rules or be removed, and they are doing so.

Edit:

1 Like

They can’t ban people for using it because they’ve no idea what people are using it for. You stupid or what? Btw just because you ‘enjoy’ there being no minimap doesn’t mean it should be withheld from everybody else. I just play with map open on second monitor anyway, like 99% of players, the minimap just saves you alt tabbing a few times per minute to reposition. That’s IT. Nobody plays the game the way you think, where they are out what adventuring for iron ore? No, they speedrun their routes as it’s the most efficient and a minimap just saves a tiny bit of hassle. That’s all.

You can use overwolf without issue. It’s not working currently while they fix it to follow AGS guidelines.