People trying to avoid AFK

Man, some of you need to alter your diet if it’s taking you more than 20 minutes. Maybe get some exercise while you’re in the queues, too.

I just report all the obvious AFK abusers on the spot. They’re literally part of the problem (and you are deluded if you think they aren’t). If no one did it, those “3k” queues wouldn’t be 3k long, they’d be shorter and so you’d get on sooner. But because anyone does it, everyone does it.

It’s a similar mentality that caused the fuel issue in our country this past week. It’s literally caused by selfish people. No one else.

2 Likes

My wife went out for 2 hrs to do some errands, her computer was about 8 feet away and I sat and watched her sit at a storage unit in a town and purposefully did not touch her laptop. When she got back she was still logged in and was like how was I not kicked? I, however later that night get kicked after 20 minutes while cooking dinner. Think it’s safe to say it is not working as intended.

1 Like

Good that you used a real life example, because just like in real life we go and blame each other instead of blaming the higher ups at fault. Queues are big due to lack of servers/server capacity, just that.

1 Like

ok sure, but not that simple, since people could be standing around reading lore/logs/ journal or whatever for halff an hour and I wouldn’t consider that afk

2 Likes

Well I agree with what you said, but I for example currently have the issue that I got into the game at 8am exactly when there was barley any queue time and only 5 servers for my region. I already picked one that wasn’t supposed to have any big streamers. Now my acc is lvl 30 and I can’t get back on the server anymore… Sure this might get solved once amazon allows us to transfer, but even then I’d have to communicate a server transfer with my entire company or stay and hope queue times decrease drastically.

1 Like

The only thing they need to fix is the queue disconnects.

Besides that (they’ve already opened more servers and promised free transfers), what else do they need to do?

And that won’t stop afk abuse. I fail to see how blaming “higher ups” for selfish behavior is any different to “blaming others”. Take responsibility for your actions. When I’m done playing, I quit. Because I’m an adult.

1 Like

What is it with that particular spot? In my server people also afk in that exact spot! :rofl:

1 Like

Most queue dcs can be avoided by just pressing x or ok on the popup and then doing nothing until the game puts you back in queue automatically. This doesn’t always work, but mostly. Just wait for around 5min before you try to do anything

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it that way next time. Worth a go anyway.

1 Like

The queues would be much shorter if 30% of the population wasn’t afk.

5 Likes

Majority of people wouldn’t be afk if the que wasn’t 8 hours plus.

4 Likes

Got booted again (2nd time, same queue).

Clicked OK. Waited 2 minutes. Error came up again. Clicked OK. Waited 1 minute. Back in queue in a better position.

Perhaps it works. Thanks!

1 Like

Of course im going to do everything possible to avoid afk kick …

What do you expect when you are in a Queue like this

Get a TimeException error, and end up in a Queue like this

This is just mental, never saw a game release so bad coordenated and performed like this one.
It literally made me regreat buying the game.

5 Likes

I too tried to do it to use the restroom and get some coffee. Big mistake, and bigger queue spot for my troubles.

1 Like
2 Likes

The system causes people to act deviant. If they wouldn’t be queued for hours, they wouldn’t feel the need to try to stay logged in.

Yes, it only draws out the problem because queues move slower. However, should queues get fixed (the character transfer system would have the biggest impact at this point), this behaviour will too disappear.

1 Like

Just report them for bots/macro. Ag will ban them. At least this is a thing they do well.

1 Like

I tested it and you only need to auto run to a wall, no scripts or macros needed, its A GAME ISSUE! and not client side.

1 Like

What are you even talking about, you dont need macros or bots to avoid afk LOOL, stuck your W key with something against a wall and thats it …

Solve the Queues and the afk exploiters will stop simple as that…

2 Likes

was doing on beta dont know how it is now.