Performing light attack while trying to do a heavy attack?

• What is your character name in New World: Jubbin
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Often times (usually in an exchange- being hit) after an ability I usually do a fully charged heavy, but if I’m being hit, I either don’t swing or I simply light attack instead… How? This feels crazy and clunky as a melee. having 300 STR perk I should always have grit, so this allows me to get a swing off so I’m not sure what’s interrupting my heavy attack, or converting it to a light attack… and on the other side of the coin, if I’m being hit while trying to do: let’s say- Ability + light attack right after said ability, I do this weird animation bug where I don’t swing at all or I do a much slower light attack that glitches out and swings as if it’s my second light attack swing- the upward hammer swing- the second WH light attack.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It ruins timing… and that’s quite literally the most important thing regarding combat… Timing.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: it’s persistent.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: it’s more of a FEEL than visual but I can try… You might not see what I’m dealing with in this video I made but… you can see, just watch it a few times to see if you can notice.
    What's going on here! - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just have mobs on you swinging at you while you try to do a light attack AFTER an ability… for the other bug, Try simply the same thing but with a heavy attack instead, and it bugs all sorts of stuff out. Feels janky

Note: I’m not trying to come off as being mean or upsetting by any means… But isn’t this what the test server is for? how did this make it out of the PTR? Who’s testing it to make sure things are working properly or not? It’s their job to make sure things like this don’t happen, now you have several more things to address instead of moving forward. :frowning:

@FancyFenrir @Luxendra @Cardan @naonao

This is making combat feel incredibly bad. I LOVE the feints… I love the azoth costs, I love the dodges… I hate the Desync, and Hate how this bug seemingly happens every fight where I get hit while trying to perform my sexy ass moves.

1 Like

First section: I tried an armor breaker followed up by a HEAVY… I performed a light attack, and it came from the bottom up almost in reverse-like… Like it was the second hit to hammer’s light attack chain…

Second clip: While trying to get a wrecking ball off, I tried landing a heavy right after words and it performed a LIGHT attack instead… so right after that, I tried to do ANOTHER HEAVY, but it did a LIGHT attack instead again.

Third clip: I tried to do armor breaker and follow it up with a heavy attack, and I just sat there like I was brain dead.

With 300 STR I know well enough that this method of swinging does NOT get interrupt (pre patch) I’ve been doing it for months without any problems… This patch broke something, and in a BAAAAD way.

all the issues seem to stem from ME taking any form of damage while performing certain swing techniques.

bumpy

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.