Please look into my ban! Same boat as player Rev Zareh**UPDATE Unbanned

Update 11/24*

So I decided to log on my account and to my surprise I am no longer banned from New World. I have not received any official response yet as far I can tell. I am happy with the encouragement I got from friends to not give up the fight. Hopefully many more people will have their accounts unbanned.

After seeing Rev Zareh post about being banned for the same reason why I was banned and have it over turned has made me want to at least post here and see what happens. I am not gonna go all nuts and make a big speech like Rev Zareh had did with his reddit post and forum post. I just feel my ban was never truly looked at seeing any human with common sense would see Im not a gold seller and anything involved with bots/cheats.

I have 500+ hours in New World, who wouldnt wanna try and get back their hard work. I have tried moving on with a new account but it is not the same, the drive to wanna grind out everything is very low.

I Discovered this screen shot a few days after I gave up with appeals. It literal shows me typing out what I beleive is what caused me to get banned. I was trying to be creative selling Asmodeum. I believe I fat fingered backspace and also hit f12 which is my steams screenshot key. So I hope this would at least peak any AG MOD interest and help me reverse my ban.

https://ibb.co/HqYfVSK

This is the forum post which has renewed my hope.
https://forums.newworld.com/t/banned-for-making-a-joke-about-the-coin-bots-12-days-later-no-response-about-my-appeal-update-unbanned/576608

PLYAER NAME = Royee
SERVER NAME = Royllo

3 Likes

Hi @royee, welcome to our forums!

Thank you for your post and the information, but bans are only handled by the appeals team.
Please follow our normal appeal a ban procedure:

• To file a Ticket, make sure it is as detailed as possible in your appeal to ensure it’s processed quickly.
  • Once we receive an appeal, we do our best to review and respond to it quickly. If overturned, the ban is removed from your account.

Things to remember:

1. All reports are manually reviewed by a human, and no part of our game moderation is automated.
  2. Submitting multiple appeals won’t expedite the review of your ban. Additionally, you can only appeal a ban once.
  3. Make sure your Amazon Games Account and Steam Account are linked.

Here’s the link to bind your Steam and Amazon accounts: Link/Unlink Amazon-Steam

The ban can be appealed in our official website: Appeal a Ban - Support | Amazon Games, however, if you already appealed the ban and it is merited, the resolution will be the same.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

@Jonabg19 Oh so I have to make a big stink like this guy to be taken serious. I have appealed, common sense would see Im no gold seller. So catering to one player but not others who are in the same posistion. He didnt get the same treatment with a scripted reply!
@TheLawRich
https://forums.newworld.com/t/please-look-into-my-ban-same-boat-as-player-rev-zareh/587510

My dude, your screenshot shows a minimap which is displaying items that aren’t on the compass and that’s against their ToS or CoC or whatever they call it.

[Dev Blog] Mini-map - Developer Corner - New World Forums

1 Like

this was over a week before they took all the nodes posistions off and were allowing people to use mini map from overwolf

1 Like

For those not in the know, this is the post the OP was talking about

I LOVE the response given:

What does being popular on a server even mean? Oh no, do we need to be popular on our server to have a ban overturned @TheLawRich ?

Also with an explanation? Do you think that people don’t give an explanation? How does this one player’s explanation differ from others who prove with logs in your game they haven’t done what you said they done, yet the ban still stays?

2 Likes

I laughed a little when I first read this. From what I have seen of the New World bans, either automated or worked by incompetents. Many people have been banned simply through the mass complaints of others. Even game moderators have commented on this. If an algorithm is followed (i.e. a bunch of people complain, so ban him/her) then the banning is automated regardless if it is a machine or not.

Mostly when I read the repeated claim that “reports are manually reviewed,” I just hear someone trying to misdirect from his or her incompetence, which seems to agree with evidence I’ve seen in several bans.

I get that the game is new and the devs and moderators are overwhelmed, but stop being damn bots and treat these people that have paid for the game with some respect. Tell them why they have been banned, and actually check out whether these bans are legitimate.

And lastly, hope you have a good day!

4 Likes

He wouldn’t be posting here if that had worked. He’s had an unfair ban for weeks now. He was CLEARLY trolling the gold sellers in chat and your “review team” apparently can’t read? The game is hemorrhaging players and you guys can’t find the time to properly review the few people who actually want to enjoy the game.

We know your bans aren’t reviewed by any proper process, or at the very least whoever is reviewing them can’t actually read English and just has a giant “BAN WARRANTED” button and no other options. This is obviously a case of misinterpretation and needs to be revisited.

2 Likes

Why did you reply with this? After reading the article it becomes clear that his screenshot is proof of what might be considered as cheating (nodes showing outside of compass range).

Anyways, if his ban was issued before this statement, this information is irrelevant.

That’s not what he was banned for, and this was during the time that NW specifically said nobody would be banned for using overwolf. He was banned for sending the message in global chat, trolling gold sellers by selling in-game ore in the same message format that they were spamming in. Overwolf was not bannable and they stated such, his ban is for “gold sell spamming” chat, but he was clearly selling in-game items (for gold) just using their format of the message.

1 Like

Yes I understand that but without seeing his exact reason of ban (cheating or gold selling) I wanted to point out that it might be a cheating suspension for using the minimap as it’s always been a grey-zone.

That is the issue. Amazon claims that these bans are not reviewed, but clearly they are not reviewed and no reason is being given for the ban, nor is there any justification for a ban.

The ban’s really need to be reviewed. (if you are thinking the ban is for the minimap. Then clearly you think amazon is just picking on this one person, as many people have used the minimap until it was made useless.)

The ban then is worse. It would be personal attack.

But he already tried to dispute it and was told it’s permanent and was for gold selling…

What does being popular on a server even mean? Oh no, do we need to be popular on our server to have a ban overturned @TheLawRich ?

The popular comment here was a joke about the sheer amount of reports that was sent on his one message. It wasn’t a real mention of him being popular/liked on the server.

This NEEDS to be address its making me and alot of other people walk on thin ice cant even enjoy the game always have that fear of getting banned for no reason without someone looking into it.

We reviewed the information you provided on appeal and have confirmed that the original disciplinary action was merited in your case. We take instances of cheats or exploits seriously as it is harmful to the community and violates the following section of our Code of Conduct (https://www.amazon.com/help/ags/coc):

Play fair

Do: play within the rules of the game.

Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.

Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.

Do not engage in real-money trading of in-game items and in-game currencies.

We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate.

As a result, your New World account remains permanently banned

We can’t share any further information about our decision, and we won’t reply to further emails about this issue.

Best regards,

Amazon

impersonating is in the TOS right?

1 Like

Anyone with a proper brain will know that im just copying and pasting their automated response from email to show how useless they are in handling ban appeal cases