Progress Not Saving after Extended Lag Detected Bug

• What is your character name in New World: Wellfleet
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Calnogor (NAE)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Loss of progression from previous session upon login
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Everything I do in a session is deleted upong login (ex. lost 1000 ori ore, can’t do any of my cooldowns, inv is wiped, etc.)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, it’s still happening
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Read Below

Hello, this weekend I encountered a Lag Detected after trying to join the Lazarus dungeon. This completely froze the game for me, and I could not tp, move, etc. After 24 hours of various troubleshooting, I created a new character on Valhalla and this may have indirectly or directly unlocked this lag detected period. However, while this has allowed me to continue playing the game in real time, I find myself upon almost every log to main menu or desktop, my progress from my previous session has been erased and I spawn back at the Lazarus entrance where the lag detected occurred.

Specs: 16gb ram, 5700 XT GPU, i7 11th gen, game is on SSD
Troubleshooting List That I have already tried:
-uninstalled and reinstalled game (2x)
-Verified files (multiple times)
-restarted PC (multiple times)
-checked drivers
-Updated to Windows 11

Ingame troubleshooting
-killed my player in game to try to force save
-made a new character on Valhalla
-Tried Tping different places

Hello @Wellfleet!

I’m sorry to hear about your lag detected bug.

I want to ask you to try the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting Lag and Connectivity Issues - Support | Amazon Games

However if the issue persist after you try those troubleshooting steps, then the best way to assist you with your concern would be to contact us via a live channel from here: Contact Us | Amazon Games.

As we will need some personal information from your account. Be sure to have your game logs ready just in case they ask for them.

You can access your game logs from: Users\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups.

If you have any doubt feel free to ask. :grin:

1 Like

Can you elaborate on how to find the game logs, can’t seem to find them in my file explorer.
Thanks

Hello @Wellfleet!

The appdata folder is a hidden folder in some occasions, to be able to see the hidden folder you can follow this steps:

Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
After it you would be able to see the files and pull them.

If you need more assistance please let me know.

Yes! That worked and I have located my logs, now what is the best way to share them in the ticket?

Hello @Wellfleet!

I’m glad to hear that you were able to locate your logs!

When you get in contact with our live support channel they will provide you a email address on where you can send the logs and they will add them to your ticket.

I you have more questions feel free to tag me! :grin:

1 Like

Sounds good, i currently made a compressed zip file of all my logs and put it onto my desktop next to new world for safekeeping.
Thanks for your help, I really hope to play soon as my company is waiting for my return.

2 Likes