Property Tax Paid Higher if Paid Out of Town?

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Selaranox
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Amano Iwato
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Paid Tax for house in Everfall while I was in the town Weavers Fen. I opened the map and clicked on the Everfall town icon and selected ‘pay tax’. I paid the tax and then noticed it said the tax was $2,000.00 instead of the (overpriced) $1460.85 that should have been due. With $2000.00 being such an even number, I wonder if that is the max allowed tax rate?
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Having to pay almost $600.00 more in taxes for no apparent reason after Taxes are already waaaaay overpriced, especially when due every 5 days :rage:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, I’m still short almost $600.00
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Fast traveled back to my Home in Everfall to see if the tax rates show $2,000.00, screenshot shows what should have been due and what I’ve been paying.

Took this screen shot after paying taxes remotely…when I noticed the $2,000.00 price. :frowning:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Pay Property Tax while in a town other than the one your house is actually in.

—Some thoughts:

1. My rep in Everfall is 37 while it’s only 7 in Weavers Fen.
    I’ve selected the reduce property tax ‘perk’ every time it was available in Everfall.

When paying taxes while in another town, I wonder if the calculated tax rates reflected the Property Tax reductions ‘Perks’ that I’ve earned from Everfall Rep…I suspect that they aren’t and Weavers Fen tax rates and/or ‘Perks’ were being used instead to calculate the tax due.

Both Towns have a Property Tax rate of 10%, and are both not owned by my faction…so the only difference I think are the Town Perk reductions.

I don’t think I have selected any Property Tax discount perks in Weavers Fen.

1. Since my tax was due earlier today and I wasn’t able to be online to pay it before it was due, I was charged a late fee. I really doubt that there is a late fee but…

Is $2,000.00 the max allowed Property Tax possible I wonder?

Anyways, l’m out almost $600.00 and would like to have it back…or store credit equivalent.

Thanks and let me know if you need more info.

Selaranox

2 Likes

Same basic thing happened to me, though it took the full rate when I paid via the map rather than the in house interface. I’m less than pleased with this

1 Like

Why need to pay Property tax at all? wtf. All taxes in this game exploited by strong companies. This game’s mechanic is just broken. Just remove all taxes and let players focus on PvE and/or PvP FFS.

1 Like

Same issue for me

Phoeneix
Yggdrassil

That’s a huge inconsistency!

Hi,
I’ve got bug with house tax:

server Abaton / EU
nick in game - Xandrass
Region - Everfall, rank territory 71
House tax bonus - 33,9%
Normal tax for IV tier house - 1000$
with tax bonus should be - 661$ but to pay is - 727.21. This house was bought as first.
Second was bought in Mouringdaile Village (1. tier).

The tax shown when not at your house is a visual error. Write down your gold, pay the tax remotely and confirm it for yourselves. I have paid my tax remotely 90% of the time and it has always taken out the proper amount that is displayed inside the home regardless of what the UI says.

Am also suffering this bug.

I’ve got scammed in the same way right now!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.