For our November release we have done a large tuning pass over all of our weapons and upgrades. Our goal for this release was to boost up abilities and weapon trees that we felt were being under-utilized while addressing a few individual over-performing abilities.
This patch also fixes many bugs and exploits across various areas of the game that you, the player community, helped us identify. They affect many areas of the game, including perks, duels, attribute threshold bonuses, navigation, Wars, Outpost Rush, and consumables. We think these fixes will help improve the flow and consistency of combat while providing a better overall experience to every game mode. As we work to complete additional combat improvements, we will continue to observe player feedback and experiences to further tune and improve usability and balance for future releases.
Below is a comprehensive list of updates that are currently in PTR and will be in for the November release. This is just the beginning of our adventures in Aeternum!
New Weapon - Void Gauntlet!
- The Void Gauntlet has manifested in Aeternum! Manipulate the powers of the Void to support your allies and debilitate your enemies with this magical DPS/support hybrid. It’s the first weapon to scale on both Intelligence and Focus, making it a great pairing with the Life Staff and other magic weapons. The Annihilation tree focuses on maximizing damage at close-range and revolves around Void Blade, a summoned blade of corrosive void energy. The Decay tree offers ranged healing and debuffs and revolves around Orb of Decay, a dual phase projectile that can debuff enemies and heal allies. With its arsenal of buffs and debuffs, the Void Gauntlet is perfect for group combat and can significantly bolster your allies at the expense of your enemies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Well Fed buff to stack from different tiers and types of food. The most recent instance of the buff will now replace any previous versions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Weapon Coating items from being consumed properly when used.
Attribute Threshold Bonus
- Reduced the damage reduction provided by the 250 Constitution bonus from 80% → 60%
- Fixed a bug that caused the 250 Constitution bonus cooldown to trigger on a blocked hit.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from dodge canceling out of attacks during an ability’s recovery window when the 250 strength bonus was active.
- Increased scaling of Leeching perks on rings and weapons from 0.5%-1.5% damage converted to health on hit to 1%-5% of damage converted to health on hit.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Chain Elemental perks to damage invulnerable characters
- Fixed a bug that allowed Chain Elemental perks to strike downed or dead targets
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Corrupted Bane perk to scale higher than other Bane perks
- Fixed a bug that caused Chain Elemental perks to trigger from the initial impact of the Great Axe Gravity Well skill.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Hearty perk was incorrectly giving a bonus to strike damage.
- Increased the efficiency of the Freedom, Vigor, Invigorate debuff reduction perks from 3%-5% based on gear score → 3%-8%
- Decreased cooldown of the Keen Speed perk (Grants haste on crit) from 10s → 5s, and increased haste duration from 2s → 3s
- Increased effectiveness of Poisoning, Blood Letting, Burning, Crippling, Enfeebling, and Infected effect duration ring perks from 3%-7% → 5%-15%
- Increased healing bonus of light equip load to 30% from 20% and increased healing bonus for medium equip load to 15% from 10%.
The goal with several of the War Hammer buffs was to make the Juggernaut tree power stand out a bit more from the Crowd Crusher tree as well as funnel some of the power of Shockwave’s rend to the Armor Breaker’s Rend.
- Armor Breaker
- Adjusted hit box to make it easier to hit enemies that have been knocked down or on inclines.
- Lasting Trauma: Increased Rend effectiveness from 15% → 20%
- Opening Act: Increased bonus damage from 15% → 25%
- Mighty Gavel
- Increased damage scaling from 160% → 170%.
- Reduced the cooldown from 22s → 20s.
- Justice For All: Increased damage scaling from 200% → 220%
- Wrecking Ball
- Increased damage from 120% → 130%
- Safety Measures: Increased Fortify buff duration from 4s → 7s
- Clear Out
- Swing Away: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was less efficient when striking more targets.
- Sundering Shockwave (Item Perk): Reduced the maximum Rend effectiveness from 20% → 10%
- Path of Destiny
- Leeching Path Of Destiny (Item Perk): Fixed a bug that prevented this perk from working when the Stimulated Reduction modifier was equipped.
- Exhaustive Attacks: Increased stamina regeneration penalty applied by the Exhausted debuff from 15% → 20%
The Life staff adjustments are to funnel a bit of the healing power into the light and medium equip loads while reducing some of its power for the Tank Healing builds. As well as make it easier and less confusing to properly target and heal the correct group members.
- Reduced base healing by 20% to account for the increase in healing from equip load
- Targeting Adjustments
- Normalized all targeted healing spells and target lock on to have a max range of 25 meters.
- Added Out of Range targeted healing functionality:
- Group UI will change color when target is out of range.
- If target moves out of range spell will cancel and not cast on self.
- Trying to cast a targeted heal on a target out of range will display a target is out of range notification.
- Fixed an issue where targeted heals activated by using the ability key would not perform a direct heal on target
- Sacred Ground
- Fixed an issue where the Life Staff Sacred Ground VFX and tooltip stated it lasted longer than the actual duration.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the healing from Sacred Ground to be stacked from multiple sources if they were using different ability upgrades.
- Reduced the foritfy effectiveness of the Sacred Ground item perk from 3%-15% to 3%-10%.
- Reduced Holy Ground stamina and mana regen from 100% to 50%
- Splash of Light
- Increased the efficiency of Life Staff’s Splash of Light ability from 40% → 60%
- Increased the efficiency of Splash of Light’s Shared Recovery Upgrade from 3% → 5%
- Orb of Protection
- Fixed an issue where the Shared Protection’s effect was being refreshed by the healing applied by Protector’s Blessing
- Mending Protection (Item Perk): This perk’s functionality has been changed. Instead of triggering if the target does not have any active buffs, it now triggers if the target healed by Orb of Protection is under 50% health.
- Light’s Embrace
- Increased the efficiency of Light’s Embrace Connection Upgrade from 1% → 2%
- Blessed (Item Perk): Reduced healing bonus effectiveness from a 10%-30% to 5%-20%.
The goal of the hatchet fixes were to fix a few of the issues that were resulting in missed hits and to buff the Throwing Axe tree to make it more useful, and to buff the Infected Throw ability to make it more viable as a anti healing ability. As well as improve the buffering for heavy attacks to make them more consistent to use.
- Fixed an issue where Aimed Throw could be used to cancel basic attacks at any time.
- Fixed an issue where the hatchet heavy attacks were not buffering at a consistent time resulting in attack transitions not functioning properly.
- Fixed an issue where when using the hatchet, if the player homed in on a target, the player would be moved to a spot far enough away from the target that the hits could miss due to the hitbox sizes being a bit smaller than the distance the player would be from the target.
- Fixed an issue where activating Berserk would consume the Relentless Fury and Accumulated Power empower buffs.
- Feral Rush
- Fixed an issue where Feral Rush was able to be triggered without a cooldown in settlements
- Raging Torrent
- Fixed an issue where some attacks would miss due to being placed too far away from target hit.
- Infected Throw:
- Increased disease and weakness duration from 5s → 10s
- Mortal Power: Increased bonus duration on low health targets from 8s → 15s
- Aerial Transmission: Increased the duration that the AOE cloud lingers in place from 3s → 6s
- Rending Throw:
- Reduced cooldown from 15s → 8s
- Fixed an issue where the Hatchet Defy Death ultimate cooldown timer was being removed when a player died.
Fixed several issues that were affecting the various abilities as well as fixing a few issues that were making Gravity Well slightly more powerful than intended.
- Fixed an issue with the great axe reap incorrectly triggering a breakout dodge.
- Gravity Well
- Fixed an issue where slow effect from Gravity Well was not always being removed if player was able to get out of the effect area resulting in the effect lasting up to 2s longer than intended.
- Fixed issue where the Gravity Well tooltip wasn’t listing the melee damage that the ability would trigger if the ability is triggered next to target.
- Added GRIT to Whirlwind by default
- Fortifying Whirlwind (Item Perk): Fixed an issue where this perk applied too many stacks of fortify, resulting in it going outside the cap of the fortify clamping.
- Heavy Pull: Fixed an issue where heavy attacks would have incorrect hit boxes when this passive was equipped.
- Updated the Gravity passive to no longer increase the duration of all pulls, ability was not functioning as indented. Updated ability to now apply Root for 0.25s to targets affected by a pull.
Added some additional clarity to some of the abilities and reduced the cooldown/power of some of the abilities to make them a bit more viable.
- Updated descriptions for Rain of Arrows, Poison Shot and Splinter Shot to indicate that they cannot headshot.
- Fixed an issue with several bow abilities not benefiting from increased damage from higher tier arrows.
- Fixed an issue that allowed consecutive primary attacks to be fired faster than intended.
- Evade Shot
- Go the Distance: This upgrade now applies haste at the end of the skill’s casting time rather than at the start so that the buff duration is not partially lost during the skill animation.
- Poison Shot
- Reduced cooldown of from 35s → 30s
- Fixed an issue that could cause Poison Shot to go on cooldown without the ability being fired.
- Rapid Shot
- Reduced cooldown from 20s → 14s
- Rapid Accuracy: Fixed an issue where this upgrade would not reduce the cooldown if the last arrow of Rapid Shot killed the enemy.
- Rain of Arrows
- Rain of Arrows no longer hits enemies through doors.
- Fixed an issue where hipfiring with the bow was triggering the Heightened Precision passive from the Musket ability tree.
Main goal of the changes to the Sword/Shield was to make the Leaping Strike ability feel a bit better, as well as improve the buffering for heavy attacks to make them more consistent to use.
- Fixed an issue where basic attack buffers and cancels weren’t working properly during the Sword heavy attack.
- Fixed an issue where the fully-charged Sword heavy attack had different timings than the regular heavy attack.
- Shield Rush:
- Improved Rush: Increased weaken duration from 4s → 10s.
- Leaping Strike
- Reduced cooldown from 25s → 18s
- Increased damage scaling from 135% → 150%.
- Sped up the recovery after using Leaping Strike to make it easier to transition into other attacks.
- Cowardly Punishment: Updated description to include the slow percentage value.
Focused the changes on the Fire Staff to reduce some of the effectiveness of the standard attacks due to how powerful they were in comparison to some of the abilities.
- Pillar of Fire
- Increased damage scaling from 134% → 170%.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire targets self when activated from ability button.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire failed to trigger Runes of Helios when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pillar Of Fire to hit twice against targets near the edge of the effect radius.
- Meteor Shower
- Fixed an issue where Runes of Helios triggered on targeting Meteor Shower rather than on casting it.
- Added additional clarity that the Fireball ability is not able to crit. Previously it would show the Crit damage color, but not actually deal increased damage. It will no longer show orange damage numbers, and an additional tooltip was added.
- Flame Thrower
- Increase damage scaling from 34% → 50%.
- Clear Casting: Reduced damage bonus from 10% → 5%
- Clear Mind: Reduced empower effectiveness from 10% → 5%
- Runes of Helios: Reduced damage bonus from 30% → 25%
- Prophet of a Fire God: Reduced crit damage bonus from 20% → 15%
- Spellslinger: Reduced the crit chance bonus from 15% → 10%, also fixed an issue where crit chance was also increased for standard attacks and not just abilities.
- Pyromania: Reduced damage bonus from 20% → 15%.
- Kindle: Fixed an issue where this passive was increasing buff duration by the incorrect amount.
- Reheat: Reduced the time required without triggering an ability to trigger Reheat from 6s → 4s
- Updated the Singe and Watch it Burn passives to mix up the functionality,
- Singe went from inflicting Burn to critical hits, to using the Watch it burn functionality of triggering burn on light attacks.
- Watch it Burn now inflicts burn on critical hits from abilities only.
Goal was to buff some of the lesser used abilities as well as improve the modifier for the Coupe De Grace upgrade to sweep, its previous setup made it questionable to whether or not it would be worthwhile to take.
- Adjusted the distance the player would move towards the target when doing a heavy attack. The heavy attack was pulling the user too close resulting in the Deadly Reach passive not being able to trigger consistently.
- Coup de Grace: Increased damage scaling from 125% → 150%
- Coup de Grace: This attack is now flagged as Heavy, allowing it to trigger Heavy-related passives.
- Increased bleed damage from 10%→ 20%
- Increased damage scaling from 70% → 80%
- Fixed a bug which caused the passive Continuous Motion to not reduce the cooldown of Perforate.
- Increased damage scaling from 110% → 130%
- Vault Kick
- Fixed an issue where Vault Kick’s cooldown began 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the ability going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early even if it did not hit.
Goal with the Ice Gauntlet was to reduce the effectiveness of some of the maxed out combinations of abilities while still maintaining their usefulness.
- Heavy Attack - Increased heavy attack start up and recovery time to make it consistent with other magic weapons heavy attack timing.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Gauntlet movement while attacking was faster than other magic weapons.
- Fixed an issue where basic attacks on the ice gauntlet can sometimes shoot through a player or AI without dealing damage if the attacker is too close.
- Fixed an issue that allowed enemies with the Heavy Freeze passive to root players standing in their own Ice Storm.
- Ice Storm
- Increased time between damage ticks from 0.25s → 0.33s
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm did no damage if the player had the Unending Thaw item perk.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm didn’t do damage to enemies immune to slow.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm stopped if the caster swapped to their other active weapon.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Ice Storm to not damage larger boss enemies.
- Ice Spike
- Fixed an issue where Ice Spike displays a cast timer despite being cast instantly.
- Wind Chill
- Increased damage scaling per tick from 16% → 20%.
- Ice Shower
- Increased cooldown from 20s → 30s.
- Entombed players can no longer be healed.
- Reduced health of the tomb to 50% of players max health.
- Reduced damage of breakout burst attack from 168% → 70%.
- Fixed an issue where invulnerability on Entomb could be removed while the tomb was still active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move while Entombed after dying.
- Ice Pylon
- Increased pylon health by 20%.
- Added a max lifetime of 45 seconds to the Ice Pylon
- Fixed an issue where Ice Pylon could consume mana but wouldn’t activate on slopes, terrain, or off a ledge.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place multiple Ice Pylons by dying and being revived.
- Fixed an issue with the Ice Pylon targeting neutral players / enemy AI during a 1v1 Duel.
- Ultimate Chill
- Reduced Ultimate Chill’s bonus damage from 35%→25%
- Fixed an issue where Ultimate Chill ability did not apply to enemies in some cases.
- Updated Ultimate Chill tooltip wording for clarification of functionality.
- Critical Frost: Reduced critical change bonus from 20%→ 15%
- Energized Critical: Reduced critical damage bonus from 15%→10%
- Heavy Freeze: Added a 5 second cooldown to the freeze effect.
- Fixed an issue where Iced Refresh item perk could activate on both downing and killing a player. Now it triggers only on downing.
- Ultimate Chill
Goal of the Rapier changes were to fix some issues that were being encountered as well as make it easier to work around the bleed effect in the Bleed tree by reducing the cooldown of Tondo and make Riposte’s payoff a bit better due to the risk required to trigger it.
- Fixed an issue where Tondo, Flourish, and Fleche had their cooldown begin 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the abilities going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early even if it did not hit.
- Fixed an issue where subsequent attacks would frequently miss or be hard to hit when using Flurry by improving the homing on the attack.
- Overwhelm: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was incorrectly applying stamina damage instead of just block damage.
- Reduced cooldown from 11s → 6s
- And Again: Fixed an issue that caused this upgrade to only function on blocking targets.
- Cooldown reduced from 20s → 12s.
- Base Stun duration increased from 1.5s → 2s.
- Lasting Consequence: Stun duration increased from 2s->2.5s
- Momentum: Increased bonus damage from 25% → 30%.
- Swiftness: Fixed an issue where the this passive was granting haste from the bleed damage ticks instead of actual weapon hits.
Goal with the musket build was to make it feel a little bit better to use across all levels, And increase the use and effectiveness of several abilities.
- Increased musket base damage by 2.5%
- Fixed an issue where the musket could not be reloaded after dodge rolling then triggering auto run
- Fixed an issue where the reloading would not automatically resume after interruption while player is aiming.
- Fixed an issue where musket overcharged shots were not being consumed while hipfiring while crouched.
- Fixed an issue that caused this Critical Reload passive to function inconsistently.
- Traps no longer can be triggered by players in deaths door.
- Sticky Bomb
- Increased damage from 175% → 235%
- Stopping Power
- Reduced cooldown from 18s → 15s
- Power Shot
- Reduced cooldown from 15s → 12s
- Shooter’s Stance
- Reduced cooldown from 20s → 18s
- Added additional options to exit the Shooter’s Stance pose and ensured that player will return to standing when exiting the stance. Players can exit shooter stance by pressing sprint, the ability key, dodge, Esc, releasing RMB.
- Fix to players dueling to avoid durability damage while gathering by preventing gathering while in duels.
- Structures are now immune to buffs and debuffs that logically wouldn’t affect the siege weapon and deployable structures.
- Disabled player collision on Inferno Traps due to players occasionally getting stuck on them.
- Made it so player cant deal damage to other players with weapon abilities through Fort Gates and War Camp gates.
- Reduced the power of battle bread from +15% damage and defense to +5% damage and defense.
- Reduced the damage reduction on the baroness buff from 25% to 15%.
- Reduced the damage and defense on the commander tent from +5%/+7.5%/+15% to +3%/+6%/+9%.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Backstab: Fixed a bug that could cause backstab to trigger when attacking players from the front.
- On Block: Fixed a bug that caused some weapon mastery passives that state that they trigger “On Block” to trigger against unblockable attacks.
- Cooldown Timers: Fixed an issue where various passives and perks cooldown timers were being removed when swapping weapons or unequipping gear
- Made several improvements to smooth out general navigation and fix various animation bugs.
- Fixed an issue where attacking while sliding can cause character to get stuck in unnatural slide animation.
- Fixed an issue where jumps cancel AoE aiming on some abilities.
- Fixed an issue where traversing with Auto-Run and Auto-Traverse had a slight movement pause.
- Fixed an issue where player animation appears to stutter when transition to sprint finishes.
- Fixed an issue where sprinting Jump landing noticeably slowed player.
- Fixed an issue where shield may fail to sheathe properly after queuing certain actions.
- Fixed an issue where weapon swapping while gathering will cause the player to not have the correct weapons equipped and perform attack animations properly.
- Fixed an issue where the players can become soft locked if they block while running and trying to crouch.
- Fixed an issue where drinking a consumable while doing any Gather would breaks player’s consuming animation.
- Fixed an issue where camera moves along with crouching/ prone actions if player use those buttons while Harvesting/ Skinning
- Fixed an issue with spamming prone and getting weapon sheathe out of sync.
- Fix to player movement issues when attempting to place a camp while in air.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass collision when taking weapon out in Prone.
- Fixed an issue where animation stutter occurs when running after executing multiple attacks with some weapons.
- Fixed an issue where player is able to clip through outcropping collision by using certain abilities while prone.
- Updated vault camera to smooth motion.
- Updated jump in place to allow translation while in air.
- Fixed an issue where players rotation incorrectly when entering sprint from moving backward and sprinting from Shield Rush.
- Fixed an issue where Autorun would not terminate when attempting to place a camp.
- Jumping and traversal are now disabled when navigation is disabled (e.g. Root).
- Fix to player using Strength to scale unarmed attacks after prone and jump spam
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes become unable to execute Heavy Attacks out of the prone position when a Magic Weapon was equipped.