PTR: Please consider removing the 20% dodge transition nerf on medium armor

Agree. Medium armor doesn’t need that. I would say that light armor should have 40% instead of 20%, cause nowadays most light armor users are not paying any attention against making mistakes. They just know they will roll it out anyway, so **** it. It shouldn’t works like that. 1-2 mistakes, okay, but not mistake after mistake after mistake, he is getting himself caught, and just keep being slippery.

2 Likes

Yea this is annoying this will not solve problem but at least u will be able to catch them after u tag him.

thats because to end void/ice meta, probably u didn’t play that era and it was far worse than this meta, some wild void was appearing and “pooohhhhhhhh” with snare and u ded with 10 people on you

3 Likes

meh %20 seems really okay, i was able to catch people with my med build but is this enough? idk

So do you do strictly PvE in heavy armor? How do you get to a conclusion like this?

Adjustment on medium paired with light is uncalled for.

Medium, AS THE NAME SAYS, should be a middle ground between the extremes, having the same numbers than light, with already the root-step at the end of the dodge, will make everyone ditch medium for light or maybe try heavy, to ditch it later again and go for light.

Yes, and make the dodge cost 50 stamina. cause the middleground between light and heavy stamina cost is 50.

No, I am not using heavy armor. Do not judge others with your own measurements only because I have proposed something You do not like. This is pathetic.

Backing to the topic, yea 20% isn’t much. Because of shirking perks light armor users can make too many mistakes and still get out of shitty situations. It wasn’t like that back in the days before they added shirking perks. Shirking energy works only for light armor, and that is okay?

I played there but making u be invulnerable while rooted don’t make any sense that’s not a solved problem, they should give mechanics to get rid of the root or something like that, for example like in guild wars 2 are certain abilities that free u from being rooted or stun breakers.
If u play withe the two-handed axe the charge or the shield rush or the vault kick in the spear at least free u from roots it would make for more built variety, make even the perk works only in heavy. Not even the percentage of damage mitigation with the fortify it benefits more The light users, should be flat armor increase scaled with the GS. The problem for me is that light only meta with no consequences or penalties for mistakes or getting couth with a hard cc don’t create variety of playstyle.

But it’s only my opinion, sry for my English

To me the real problem here is dodges have too damn much iframes, people just press shift too comfortably to avoid dmg, there is no timing required at all, dodges should have specific iframes inside of them to avoid skills while inside of those skills,all of the dodge animation shouldn’t be iframed and since light armor has longer animation it has the best iframe protection overall too, so it should be just like soulsborne series which this game implemented his core mechanics,

3 Likes

I agreed too but if they make a cooldown between dodges or some sorte off stamina fatigue that prevent going full stamina in 2 sec after 2 consecutive dodges, probably most off the people here would go crazy

I agree. Medium should also use more stamina than light and not be able to dodge as many times as light. Medium melee is one of the easiest builds to run right now. 5 resilient with 5 freedom in medium and you are pretty much going to smash heavy always in 1v1s. Medium with axe/hatchet/keen speed is insane. No light armor can outrun it if the player is decent.

I agree. Medium should also use more stamina than light and not be able to dodge as many times as light.

Medium armor already dodges less when combined with shirking energy. Light has vastly more dodges if combined the 150 dex talent, rapier/bow/musket/hatchet, or the energy necklace.

Medium melee is one of the easiest builds to run right now.

This is actually quantitatively false when you look at armor combinations. For medium armor, there are three optimal combinations while there are four optimal light armor configurations. That’s 33% more options for light armor.

5 resilient with 5 freedom in medium and you are pretty much going to smash heavy always in 1v1s.

Everyone has access to these perks, so you’d have to expand on this argument for me to understand it.

Medium with axe/hatchet/keen speed is insane.

Light is just better with hatchet. The whole idea is to burst people down and then not die because of the talents.

No light armor can outrun it if the player is decent.

This statement is just wrong. Someone with a hatchet or rapier/bow/musket/great axe/sns/blunderbuss/firestaff could easily outrun this. Ig/vg might struggle because of snare immunity.

Im not going to respond to all this because most of it is just false. And yes if you have bloodlust on axe mixed with keen speed or berserk on hatchet mixed with keen speed then it is very easy to stay on top of a light armor. The perks stack. Only bad medium melee players are dying to light melee players.

Im not going to respond to all this because most of it is just false. And yes if you have bloodlust on axe mixed with keen speed or berserk on hatchet mixed with keen speed then it is very easy to stay on top of a light armor. The perks stack. Only bad medium melee players are dying to light melee players.

It’s obvious that you have no idea what you’re talking about. Drop some facts and we can have discuss them, but you seem unaware of the upper standard deviation of players and their ability to maneuver.

Ok do this, put on a musket with rapier and 1v1 me and ill put on my light melee armor. Valhalla has a shitload of pvpers and my guilds only pvps. We do no pve. You clearly just do not understand how good a light melee can be. They move just as fast and when you get close you move faster, perma 20% speed boost and 40% if you land a crit.

I am also guessing you have never seen a shield before? If you have a shield on and are dying to muskets then you just need to get better.

Why are you changing the discussion? My entire point is that light armor is stronger than medium armor, and your original point said that medium was just as good as light; absolute nonsense. I absolutely believe that a light armor player could battle ranged well.

I am also guessing you have never seen a shield before? If you have a shield on and are dying to muskets then you just need to get better.

Lol, do you play against people with enchantment/attunement/vorpal that actually know how to build/play?

So can a medium. You want light to get nerfed so medium and heavy can easily catch them? You realize the point of light is so you can move fast right? That is just ignorant. Light armor muskets usually have 50 con or less and you think they should easily be caught and have to fight melee in melee range. That will do nothing other than destroy any light range build. Everything is meant to have a counter. You team needs to counter range with range. Not destroy builds because you cant learn how to fight against them. Put on a shield and you will never die to them…