Quick-salvaging too fast can lead to losing good items

• What is your character name in New World: Phylla
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: if you quick-salvage items too fast - ctrl+left clicking fast on loot you want to salvage, it can suddenly lock you in item menu and quite a few times I have unlocked a good/BiS 600+ item of mine, but luckily I spotted it before I could have lost it. This time now, I was salvaging weapons from a regular Lazarus, and you know that armour is way below weapons in the inventory. Well, when quick-salvaging weapons a bit too fast, suddenly I dropped my BiS PvP legs to the ground, but luckily I recovered them. That could have been 80k coin + 9k shards gone. How can clicking on a weapon suddenly select an armour piece that is nowhere near it in the inventory?

My suggestion to fix this is to disable the ability to discard and lock/unlock items by clicking in the menu, and make it so only the keybinds work. The keybind tooltip could still be there in the menu, but the option should be greyed out so you can’t click on it by mistake.

• Is this a bug?: yes, and a scary one, at least it’s happened to me at least 10 times since game release.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: possibility of losing good gear by mistake.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes, by paying attention.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I don’t have one, sorry.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: quick-salvage fast (spam ctrl+left click) without moving the mouse if you have your inventory sorted in such a way. To not get this bug, I have to wait 1 second between each click, making salvaging dozens of items a drag.
  • When did this happen?: unlocking items since game release. Discarding my BiS legs, just now on the 10/3/22 17:15 GMT+2.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.