Randomly Unable to Talk in Global Chat

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Niffy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dominora
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I’m unable to talk in global chat randomly, for seemingly no reason, relogging fixes the issue.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t talk in global until I restart my game.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Only if I restart my game, which is annoying.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Don’t know. It’s happened to me 5 times today.
4 Likes

It should fix it permanently if you relogged. It was noted here: [Downtime] New World Update 1.0.5 - #2 by Luxendra

1 Like

Can I get help!? I moved my character to a server that was way too high of a pop and now i’m stuck here in an 800 person queue. Anyway i could go back lmao?

But it didn’t fix it permanently because I’ve had to relog 5 times now. This is a problem from post-patch tonight. 9pm EST. And it’s broken again as of 10:27 pm EST.

Can’t talk in global, recruitment, help, and faction. Area, group, dm’s, and company work.

2 Likes

Same, can’t speak in Global / Recruitement.

Same
Can’t talk in global, recruitment, help, and faction. Area, group, dm’s, and company work.

I can’t talk in global either, and there’s no restriction. It just doesn’t send my messages. I’ve restarted game and computer, verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled… What else can I do?

I reported it as well, at least one cause of this bug seems to be joining a match of outpost rush. There may be other causes for it as well.

@Luxendra I am also unable to use Global Chat randomly even after relogging. It works for a bit then goes away again.

Echo the same, Relog works for a while then can’t speak again.

Wrong, and sometimes even re-log doesn’t fix it… or maybe it does, but not even long enough for you to get 1 message out.

Group chat and company were working fine, global, faction, and recruitment were not.

Can confirm could talk before joing OPR.

Same. Suddenly find I’m limited to channels I can talk in. Relogging fixes for a time until it comes back. Happened in a war last night.

same

Doesn’t work. I real permanent fix needs rolling.

90% of the time I’m unable to talk in global channels, this is really annoying. A relog fixes it but it’s usually broken again within a few minutes.

I notice that entering or leaving an instance (i.e. Outpost Rush) causes it to stop working.

Reporting inablity to speak in Global as well

Relog is a temporary fix. Not permanent and this shouldn’t be an ongoing issue after several patches.

1 Like

having this issue too in global/faction/recruitment…can only dm or talk in group until i relog

Same issue here, just randomly lose the ability to chat in global, relogging fixes for me.