Ranking up Faction doesn't reward properly

• What is your character name in New World: Teegardin
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US-East Duguang
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When you rank up at your faction, tokens are rewarded prior to your token cap increasing rather than after your token cap increases.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug - loss of faction tokens
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I’ve now lost almost 20K worth of faction tokens.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: N/A
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Be at or near faction token cap prior to doing a faction rank increase quest. Complete faction quest. Turn in the quest and see that your faction tokens are capped at the previous rank rather than overflowing into your new rank’s token cap.

This happened to me twice - first time when I promoted to Destroyer (Marauder T4) but I wasn’t 100% sure it happened, so then I confirmed when promoting to Commander (Marauder T5).
At the Destroyer (T4) quest, you are currently a Raver (T3) which puts your faction token cap at 15K. You are awarded 8K tokens when you finish the Destroyer (T4) quest. Since I hover near the token cap often, I expected my tokens to be over 20K tokens when I turned in the quest. To my surprise, I saw it at 15K tokens. I was able to do faction quests and still go up to the 25K token cap, but I essentially threw away 8K tokens here.
To confirm this, I repeated the effort at Commander (T5) quest. At this stage, you’re T4 which puts your cap at 25K. Doing the T5 quest gives you 12K tokens as a reward. I was at roughly 24.5K tokens prior to turning in the quest. My token cap went up to 50K, but I had only 25K tokens to my name.

I’ve now lost ~20K tokens that at the bare minimum I could’ve burned on runes of holding or material conversions. I’m more so bothered about the T5 quest turn in since that’s 12K tokens I could’ve put that towards level 60 faction armor.

There’s no explanation that your tokens are given before your rank is increased (and therefore your token cap is increased).

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue turning in the T5 quest for covenant.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.