Recipes salvaged are not learned

• Petite Elite
  • Castle of Steel
  • Salvaged recipes not showing up under learned recipes.
  • Bug
  • Unable to craft furnishings after learning the recipe due to recipe not showing under my craft list.
  • No
  • I normally check the TP daily for furnishing recipes. I found two that I did not have (Teak bamboo blinds and a rug that I cannot remember the name). I purchased these off of the Everfall trading posts and salvaged to learn them. I then went to the workshop station and did not see the recipes for me to craft. I checked my filters and looked under “unlearned” but there are no signs that I learned the recipes.
2 Likes

Teak Painted Bamboo Blinds, New World Furniture Database | NewWorldFans.com

Same for me, unlearned, doesn’t show up

Figured I would try again since it has been a week (thinking maybe I did something wrong). Purchased graceful jade table and I did not learn the recipe after opening it. I cannot imagine how many recipes I have purchased over and over again thinking I did not have them when it wasn’t me but a bug in the game.

It’s a known bug, on their list of known bugs. They’ve not patched yet so isn’t fixed.

adding my case here too

• What is your character name in New World: Delmiro
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kor (EU Central)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Recipe painted teak chest salvaged and not learned
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I lost the item
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, the item and recipe are lost
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I cannot show the missing recipe since it is missing
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: get the schematic for painted teak chest, salvage it, it is not learned
  • What is your character name in New World: Tiberius Rex
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caer sidi (EU Central)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Recipe goldenrod daybed and two other goldenrod recipes that I don’t remember exactly, salvaged and not learned
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, the item and recipe are lost
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I cannot show the missing recipe since it is missing
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: same as everyone else learn what is apparently an ebonscale reach recipe and then have it not be in your learned recipes to craft.

I am also adding onto this although I also started a thread on it. I to don’t know how many recipes i’m missing. I only noticed it now for sure because I’ve been reallly wanting the daybed.

also after some sleep remembered I had a carved teak chair narrow teak bookcase and some other carved teak thing.

is there anyway to contact actual customer service here? other games have it so you can file an actual ticket? this is not ok.

adding my case here too

• What is your character name in New World: Noraleii

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ophir (US West)

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: These items are salvaged but not learned.

1. Ruby Woven Floor Mat
  2. Narrow Teak Bookcase
  3. Iron-bound Wall-mounted Lantern
  4. Teak Weapon Rack

Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to craft these recipes
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, the item and recipe are lost :frowning:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: "I only have a picture of one of the recipes being in my bag, if you log into my account you will see that it’s not in my workshop."IMG_8094|320x240
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: “Salvaging anything that is Imperial looking furniture.”

thank you so much for replying i copied and paste it in the thread you posted.

Hey has it been fixed on the new update? I tried salvaging a teak bedside table and it didn’t save for im scared to try the rest of the recipes i stored.

As far as I can tell no, it has not been fixed… I have a pile of patterns to learn.

I pulled some dups of ones I know I don’t know and it did not grant me the recipe.

EDIT:
It does seem to be specific recipes. Anything with Teak, Goldenrod, Rosewood do not seem to work at all.

just salvaged a Painted Rosewood Chest and… nothing.

Just purchased the schematic for the teak canopy bed from the TP and tried to learn it before knowing about this problem. Pretty upset to be out of the money I just paid for it with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Are you able to give us any indication that we’ll have these recipes at some point, or are we just all out of whatever money we spent on these schematics and will have to just hope we can find them again in the future when they’re working? Because if that’s the case and these schematics are still available for sale with people just not knowing about the issue that’s pretty messed up.

3 Likes

I meant- why are they allowed to be sold and learned when they’re currently broken? I purchased one and learned it not knowing that it wouldn’t work- so anyone else who is unaware is also going to lose their money, That doesn’t seem right.

My question was- is the game keeping track internally that we’ve tried to learn the recipe, so will it appear later for those of us who’ve salvaged these items? Because otherwise there are so many people who simply don’t know about this being a bug, since there’s no announcement in game to avoid salvaging these items. In regards to chest recipes, those could potentially be for sale for extreme amounts of ingame currency- and if I were to purchase one and try to learn it with nothing to warn me first, that might actually be something that would make me want to quit playing altogether.

Can I also make a suggestion to incorporate a way that we can see if we already know the recipe? It’s getting difficult to go back and forth between the TP/workstation to see if I know the recipe or not.

1 Like

Why did you do this in patch 1.1.1 when many furniture recipes aren’t salvaging correctly?

[quote] HOUSING

• Re-enabled trading, moving, and salvaging of furnishings/housing items[/quote]

they’ve been broken long before that, many since the game was launched…pretty criminal eh?

1 Like

I lost a few recipes this way. One on stream with people watching. So sounds like we are out of luck on getting those back?

1 Like

I add mine, I post it in [Bug megathread] too :

• What is your character name in New World: Shuan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kianida (EU Central)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Recipe “Carved Teak Armchair” and “Goldenrod Brocade Drapes” salvaged and not learned
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: same as everyone else learn what is apparently an ebonscale reach recipe and then have it not be in your learned recipes to craft.

Thanks

• What is your character name in New World: Uthav
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Salvaged Recipe - resulting in nothing learned: Ebony Painted Bamboo Blinds
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Lost 1k coins, my time and faith in the game
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: No message in UI so no screen shot
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Purchase the recipe and salvage it - resulting in nothing…