Reekwater Invasions - Auto-rushing Elites causing Losses

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: MommaFoxFire
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: IN ADDITION TO THIS BUG: Reekwater Invasions - Elites Bugged to Auto-Rush A & C Gates - Last night in the Reekwater Invasion, our repairers stopped being able to interact with doors. Immediately after that happened, every player was kicked out to the game’s menu while mobs continued to play as normal, causing us to lose the Invasion without a chance of recovery. Not to mention chat being broken afterwards, which is an ongoing bug since day one but seemed significantly worse this time.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: We lost the invasion, costing every player gold, but also we had more stations downgraded, costing our Company significant coin.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Twitch
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play New World, be in a dungeon, war or invasion - or even some other fight - and wait for the frustration when you see the dreaded “lag detected” message at the top of your screen, knowing full and well that you have ZERO chance of survival and now will have an unecessary repair bill at minimum and have to shell out 60k+ if it it caused an Invasion loss and downgraded your stations. Even without the lag message, if you go into one of our RW invasions you’ll see the auto-rushing bull shit from elites.
3 Likes

Really sucks to pour tens of thousands of gold into a town just to see everything get downgraded with zero chance to protect it. This lag is game breaking.

1 Like

We were running Genesis dungeon last night. The Vanilla dungeon since Dynasty is so broken. Cruising right along. A third of the way into the last boss fight? You guessed it lag detected. We all crash. The rest of the group respawns inside the dungeon at the res shrine. Me ? I respawn in Mountain home. I had run to the dungeon to open it at the beginning but nope . Sent to mountain home. Burnnazoth to travel back to the dungeon. Rejoin group . Run through the dungeon. Kill the last boss. This lag is really lame. Seems to have come with last patch. There were minor lag spikes before, but this is terrible.

1 Like

Last time I looked I had over 700 hours in game so I am not some noob come lately fyi.

1 Like

This has happened on so many invasions I’ve been in and many I’ve called too. Including WF last night (07/02/2022) 7 minutes in everyone got booted due to lag detected resulting in the invasion already being lost by the time everyone got back online. WF has also routinely had ‘swamp water’ bug which causes mobs to only focus one gate for one reason or another.

I have also called an invasion at Mourningdale where the C gate never rendered allowing mobs to run right through causing the invasion to lose (a post has already been made about that) Invasions at CK, ES, RW, WF, MD, RS have all had an invasion bugs at one point (possibly more) which has caused invasions to be lost or extremely difficult to win (or a guaranteed loss)

Most annoying to me in no particular order are:

1.) Lag Detected - This is one of the most recently introduced issues and is causing a massive issue for the entire player base. Making certain content such as war/invasions/mutators a work in frustration and driving people away from playing and is increasing in frequency.

2.) Whacky AI behaviours - Only attacking one gate. running away from their gates to choose mostly B gate as their one and only target. Or immediately spawning in a charging state preventing players from engaging effectively on elite spawns.

3.) Gates not rendering for AI causing them to completely ignore the gates and run straight through to the middle points in the fort. This often leads to players struggling to interact with said gates. players not able to interact with stations/repairs/siege or gates as an extension with this.

4.) Roster bug - This affects just about everything that requires a roster. Invasions/wars. When a player relogs they lose access to the roster and it allows them to double sign up making a slot unusable for another player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m sure there’s many more too. These needs urgent attention. I’m afraid waiting until the end of the month may be too late for many players. You’ve got a good game here but you’re blowing it. This is just the tip of the iceberg,

bugs that have been in since day one are really starting to get at people, there are less and less of us every day and AGS have sat by without statement or acknowledgement and its not good enough. From stealth changes not communicated in patch notes. from poor parcelling out of compensation which a good chunk never makes to it to the right players and in some cases a flat out refusal to make good on losses caused to towns. companies and players who have lost time and resources fixing stuff caused by game breaking problems…

roll towns back to pre patch status, refund companies for these lost invasions caused by bugs. provide at least 1 free mutator orb to the entire player base not 2 to what seems to be random people and for the love of god communicate. That is the most important thing. Keep your community informed, do a roadmap, have weekly comments on statuses of bugs and where you’re at. Showcase upcoming content. Keep people involved, keep active. AGS is currently failing at this and it will cause the players to leave if it continues

2 Likes

These issues are game breaking. I know this is bug fix month. Please show us you mean to squash these.

1 Like

HATE this. It’s happened to me so many times in a dungeon run where the party has otherwise handled everything PERFECTLY. You had it way worse than just an increased repair bill though, sounds like. I’m so sorry!

I don’t think I created a bug report when the Lag Detected happened in the EF war, but it was so demoralizing… It’s just unacceptable at this point.

1 Like

Appreciate you adding your experiences esmatty!!!

I think Smitty said it best in the VOD link - he’s been a NW defender since launch, but at this point it’s becoming unforgivable. I love the game, it has SO MUCH potential, but I recognize the Lag Detected message will be the last straw for many.

1 Like

REALLY REALLY sucks!

1 Like

There are SO many posts about the “Lag Detected” message on these forums and I haven’t seen any instances of the Devs addressing it yet. This is really frustrating!

The issues outlined in this post still remain.

All of these issues persist…

I was not present at the invasion but i do affirm that several other players are echoing the sentiment here in the Orofena discord and on the Orofena server. We can be a competitive lot but to get wrecked in the last part of an invasion they should have ability to repulse is sad. I mean even if they are yurple. (Had too!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.