Returning player - Characters forced to move server, entire Company is gone!

To whom it may concern,

Today I logged into New World for the first time in around a year, only to discover that my character needed to be reassigned onto a new server (also got a message about server merges).
My character was originally on Fae, so I selected Fae as the server to ‘move’ to.

Upon logging in, I discovered that the company that I owned is completely gone! Its as if it never existed.
I could literally see the company insignia on the character selection screen before reassigning servers. After I rejoined Fae today, seeing that the Company is now gone, I logged back out to the character selection screen. The Company insignia is now gone from the character selection screen, as if I never joined a company.

I had 3.5 Million gold in that company’s bank, that has now disappeared.

Please fix this!

how many people there were in the company? after sometime i think they can change governor, and if you were gone for a year, without checkin, that’s on you pal.

It was a solo company, only me

^^

Why would I ever assume that AGS would delete my company? One of the whole points of the payment system of ‘buy once, play forever’ is to not have to worry about your progression being deleted.

Well, creating your own company is kind of a loophole to store cash above the gold cap. It’s unfortunate, but when server merges happen - and character hibernation/server removal happen i’m assuming your company was deleted amongst one or two of those things happening.

It’s an unfortunate side effect of being away for so long and not reading the server change logs or merger warnings.

All that said, i do hope they can help you out.

Yep something definitely went wrong, some data got deleted.
I do hope AGS can sort this out.

Hello @thiseugene,

Welcome to the New World forum, I’m really glad to see you are here at the forums and hope you can enjoy your time here and at the game as well!

Regarding your concern I’m really sorry to learn that we were away for that long and I’m happy that you returned to the game, sadly since your company was a solo one and since you were away many things have happened, Fae was merged into Abaton and just recently was brought back as a fresh server, this is the reason why everything on your end was “lost”.

I know this can be a frustrating situation, however in this case there’s no action we can take.

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Cheers!