Returning Player Feedback

Amazon, I am a returning player. I stopped playing due to all the previous issues New World was experiencing. After some friends and I returned… We feel the game is worse off than it was at the start.

The majority of gamers do not have 6, 8, 10, or 12 hours a day to play a game. The majority of players tend to play between 2 and 4 hours a day. Most of us are adults with jobs, family, and a social life. New World is still clearly balanced toward players who want to hardcore play a MMO non-stop. From the gear score grind, to the crafting, to the expeditions, and even the PVP.

Nothing in the game feels rewarding. That’s really the only way to say it. The majority have no interest in grinding constantly all day long for minimum rewards. And don’t even get me started on the expertise system.

Amazon, you really need to take a cold hard look at your game over all. Over a Million players left due to these reasons. You should probably take notice, and adjust. So once again we are leaving the game. New World feels like you are running up a mud covered hill, while someone throws rocks at you. Just to do basic progression.

10 Likes

I can not understate how much I agree with this statement. My friends and I also returned recently. And the whole game honestly just feels like an overly grindy mess with no reward at the end of the tunnel.

Most of us aren’t 18-21 year olds living in their parent’s house. We have work, lives, etc. I get about 4 hours to play if I am lucky, and nothing in New World feels rewarding for my time.

NOTE:

The amount of time progression needs to be properly adjusted to what the average casual player can feel rewarded by. All the successful MMOs have had to make their game fun for everyone, not just a select few to be successful. New World is no different. Hardcore players are the VAST minority of gamers.

2 Likes

They implemented longterm progression system to give the playerbase something to do, because there is no proper endgame yet.

What they fail to understand is that most players simply refuse to grind just for the sake of it, and to even being able to play the small amount of end-game content that currently exists.

The game is 50% PvP, but yet ALL new and returning players are locked out of proper PvP until they reach GS 600.

To even think that new players are willing to pay for the game and then grind 100hrs to even TRY OUT proper PvP is ridiculous.

They ruined their own game with tons of bad decisions, and despite a huge amount of people pointing out the things mentioned in this thread, they refused to do anything about it.

The end result = Semi dead game, and already lost more than 90% of it’s starting playerbase.

5 Likes

You are completely correct. I returned to find out I basically can’t do any of the content, and it’s very frustrating.

1 Like

What annoys me the most is I really do like New World. But because of everything you stated, plus other overly grindy aspects of the game… I can not justify even wasting time in the game at all.

I don’t understand why AGS doesn’t care. The Population is down to less than 20,000 players worldwide. New World is nearly dead.

1 Like

I feel you and agree. There are numerous posts begging Devs to fix the time gating issue. It’s good you come on here and explain to them how awful it is. I’ve had friends say the same to me in person but not here on the forums. Please keep coming back and letting them know. Your post is exactly what they need to hear.

2 Likes

Like I said. I really do want to like the game. And so do my friends. They’d have tons of players return if they’d just make the game feel rewarding and accessible to everyone. Hardcore gaming is long since dead. No one I know has the time for that, or enjoys it.

1 Like

Yup I’m also a returning player who feels left behind. And left with no viable ways to catchup. The game has gotten better. However, the grind to be able to start playing the game is just too steep. It’s as steep as P2A/P2W Korean MMOs steep. But the major issue is the fact none of these grinds feel engaging. They all just feel like chores you do.

However, it seems AGS don’t care about growing the player base. They’ve already got our money and now they couldn’t care less if we like the added and extended grind gates. But yeah, I’m here on vacation from GW2 and BDO. Once I get bored of New World in the next week. I’ll be back playing GW2 and BDO.

3 Likes

CM’s with your feedback when they say it’s being forwarded to devs.
Taking Out The Trash GIFs | Tenor

7 Likes

Oh, I DM’d them 2 pages worth via Discord. And so did my friends. They are going to hear it one way or another, Haha. The state this game is in for no apparent reason is just flat out completely unacceptable.

1 Like

Honest to god what it feels like sometimes…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@Properso Thanks for showing your immaturity. I assume you live with your parents and have no life.

2 Likes

Are you sure about that? New World atm is as grindy if not even more grindy than BDO since the new changes to BDO. And BDO is one of the more grindy MMOs on the market.

5 Likes

Don’t feed the troll. Notice @Properso comment has no substance to it at all. Just flag the comment and let the Mods remove the troll.

Also, never mind over a million players left the game, and their reasons are all over the internet in public domain. I’m sure this guy also thinks the world is flat.

3 Likes

Bro u think NEW WORLD is grindy :joy::joy::joy:i legit cant even think of more than like 3 things in the entire game that are even slightly grindy. Leveling tradeskills, getting achievements (but why would you?) and i dont even know a third. But yea its super grindy man

1 Like

:skull::skull::skull: i think youre playing some other new world that isnt made by amazon games because i legit dont know whats grindy about new world :skull::skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

What, ppl grind in this game?

Oh look, the hardcore players come out to gate everyone else out of content. Point proven right here.

5 Likes

Expertise system is chite

1 Like