RIP Mage Blackguard Weapons (April Update)

grinded all of them on the first days of update, Upgraded all weapons to 625, for the first time i felt like everyone and had a actually good drop from dungeons and then they decided to change, which, don’t get me wrong, i understand that it should be changed but not to heckin refreshing evasion, at least give us plagued crits, vicious, there are so many good perks, why REFRESHING EVASION??? an useless perk on weapons, honestly im so sad.

4 Likes

they definitely dont give a f*… about this bro.

i created a thread with hundreds of replies with ppl saying they should not replace it with refreshing evasion… they patched twice on PTR ignoring completly the feedback.

AGS is prob the most stubborn developer i saw in 20 years of playing mmo. deal with it they wont change their mind. game is designed by ppl that dont play the game mostly or pve ppl.

@Luxendra @Willard @Centeotl frustration is the name of this.

7 Likes

It definitely doesn’t seem like they care.

3 Likes

@Luxendra srsly worst custumer awareness

1 Like

TRUE.
I mean, why have PTR if you’re just gonna ignore player’s feedback? :rofl:
Just keep making the game how you see it, it worked perfectly in the past :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They clearly don’t ignore all feedback. Just look at all the QoL changes recently which are a direct result of them listening to feedback.

these weapons passed 2 weeks on PTR being tested like it is right now

why change after ppl spend time and resources?? just crazy

5 Likes

That really is the problem with it all. They should have at least communicated they were going to make the change on day 1. They should also take feedback from people about the perk they are changing it to.

4 Likes

yea fuck mages fuck them

1 Like

They should at least explain ‘hey, this really doesn’t fit our idea even with your feedback so we’re changing/reverting it.’

I mean the constant radio silence just hurts. Especially when loyal players are all that’s keeping this game around.

5 Likes

If they gonna change it… shouldve been changed to refreshing move… who doesnt like refreshing move?

4 Likes

tldr - blackguard bow as it is rn is trash.

I recommend everyone never give this game another dollar if this goes through without some sort of response. Do not support them if they are being incompetent and stubborn. The guy balancing the weapons at AGS is probably the biggest problem on the game at the moment. Seems to be very stubborn, everything is based on flawed data like damage numbers.

3 Likes

Those requests for QOL were requested in beta….

3 Likes

The Combat and Balancing Lead Devs are allowing the progress of NW to stagnate way too much. From a content standpoint, releasing a weapon every six month does not offer much hype for different combinations; pair that with the fact that both of the two weapons releasing this year seem apt to have the same primary stat… well we are then in for a real treat.

The people making the decisions are full of themselves. So many of the skills in the game right now feel stale because they just do not work in either PvE or PvP scenarios. I really do not want Destiny 2 style buffing and reworks that makes for a FotM sitch where Solar overpowers Void, but man do we need the abilites, passives, and weapon perks to be refreshed right now. No more waiting.

1 Like

@TheGoodGuyTM Yeah, it’s fairly obvious at this point that they are intentionally not adding BIS mage weapons to expeditions. They also seem to think some ridiculous things like Firestaff isn’t underpowered in war and hatchet is in a useable state.

3 Likes

Mages are killing their dear GA/TH users and this have to absolutely definitely ultimately stop!

3 Likes

still no word… fk this

The changes to these weapons and AGS not grandfathering those who put a lot of effort into doing the content (kept playing the game) to get these weapons, just to completely ruin them feels very dishonest. It’s like “ Hey y’all! Come play this new content…there are great rewards!” Once people put hours into the game…”oh, thanks for playing, but we were just kidding”. I’m not sure how many more times I can keep putting up with how they are treating their loyal players. It’s really getting old.

And to the subject of “well, new players won’t be able to get these new weapons in the future”. So what…sometimes, it is fine of early adopters to get some sort of benefit for being guinea pigs.

The Blackguard’s IG and FS were what felt like the first truly awesome versions of these weapons that I wanted to start using and upgrade. I put a lot of money and time and resources to build and upgrade an armor set and jewelry around these weapons. What a damn waste. Now, I don’t have the coin to invest in replacing and/or rolling for replacements.

At the risk of sounds crass…this feels really f’n shitty.

5 Likes

Let quickly compare the Blackguard Warhammer to the Blackguard Void gauntlet. @AGS is there an explanation for this type of item quality disparity?

Blackguard warhammer - Thwarting Strike, Keen, Keenly Empowered
Blackguard voidgauntlet - Refreshing Evasion, Keen, Keenly Jagged

4 Likes