- What is your character name in New World: Roll Dodge
- What server/world did you experience your issue on: Hades
- Describe the issue you are experiencing: Sometimes when using Riposte it goes on cooldown if you get intterupted or staggered as you use it. Similar bug to the Tondo, Flourish and Fleche - as mentioned here on the PTR Rapier Changes post.
- Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It puts Riposte on cooldown which ultimately can lose you the fight
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I will try to record a video but it happens at the most awkward times when I’m not recording
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Use Riposte and get staggered/stunned just as you press it and it will go on cooldown. This mainly happens vs warhammer/great axe
It’s not a bug, it’s always been like that. Basically means you missed your timing on riposte and it was not successful. If you read the skill description it literally says “on successful riposte.”
It’s definitely a bug or a design flaw really. There shouldn’t be a wind up for riposte it’s meant to be an instant ability and currently there is a small one. The ability going on cooldown before the invulnerability and animation start makes no sense. It’s an indication that the timing of the animation and the hitboxes aren’t correct. Tondo flurry and fleche do this as well .I’m pretty sure they fixed this on PTR which should hopefully go live soon.
All skills do this. If you get stunned right as you are using the ability, it is canceled.
this is different though. It also just happens if get hit with a regular attack not a stun, If you get staggered or stunned before the ability is actually performed or the animation even begins then your ability shouldn’t go on cooldown. Because there is some weird delay with rapier right now where abilities go on cooldown several frames before the activate it causes issues. They literally posted this in the patch notes for PTR saying its an issue that they are fixing.
Per dev post.
- Fixed an issue where Tondo, Flourish, and Fleche had their cooldown begin 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the abilities going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early even if it did not hit.
PTR and November Balance Changes
Ah that’s good to hear then
They fixed Tondo, Flurry and Fleche - but not Riposte. Hence the need for this bug ticket. The more views we get on this the better. Keep posting
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.