Salvaging Recipe's Bug?

So it seems there isn’t a way to see if you already know a recipe from the Inventory and I had a few of the same recipe that I didn’t learn. I went to the cooking station just to test it and made sure I didn’t know the recipe, then I went to my inventory and tried Salvaging and noticed it would only give me Fibers but nothing about learning it. I went back into the kitchen and saw that I don’t know the recipe still so I took the chance and salvaged it. I learned the recipe which was nice but that still leaves me wondering if this is a bug?

Hopefully there will be a better way to see if it tells you that you already know the recipe in the future instead of accidentally salvaging when it could have been sold in the Trading Post or vice versa.

I have tested this with other recipe’s and schematics and still the same issue but it’s random. So just a word of caution to those with a bunch of recipe’s/schematics, check to see first before selling or salvaging regardless of what the tooltip tells you when salvaging.

Hope this makes sense and gets looked at. =)

Just a few pictures:

Hello @Cubez !

Hope you are doing good.

Thank you for reporting this bug to us and adding the screenshots supporting them.

I’m sorry for the troubles it has caused you.

I will forward it to the concerned team to for consideration as we make further improvements.
I’m sure that they’ll carefully look into this and take necessary actions in the nearest future. I’d like to thank you for bringing this into our notice and please be assured that we’ll try to bring this option to the earliest.

You can also use the below mentioned steps to report the same:

1. Press Esc, select Game Menu, and then Submit Feedback.
  2. Provide a description of the feedback, rate your experience, and then select Submit.

For the meantime, please extend your patience and co-operation while we work on this.

Have a good day!

See you in Aeternum!

1 Like

Not a problem! Glad this is being sent to the team.

Appreciate it and take care. :slight_smile:

Hello @Cubez !

Your response is highly appreciated.

Glad to have players like you in the game!

Have a great new year ahead!

1 Like

You need to split the receipts so you only have one in your inventory and salvage it then. It always happens if you have a stack of more than one.
The same goes for the pop-up that tells you that you already know this receipt or schematics. Just get rid of every copy, move it to your stash and then the game tells you if you already know the schematic

1 Like

I appreciate the tip! Will do that from now on, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.