Second character unable to transfer to US East from EU

DISCLAIMER: I am writing this post in place of a friend who does not use the forums. I can however connect him to anyone if they need to hear from him directly.

THE PROBLEM:
A long time ago, my friend transferred his 2nd character (Dug) to EU (region) from US East (region) to test the waters and see how bad the ping was. After a short while he discovered the ping was unplayable for him since he played musket and decided to transfer it back to US (east).

However he cannot select the US East region as it greys out and says this:

But as you can see, its bugged out and claims he both does AND doesn’t have a 2nd character already on US East:

bvcdfb

He began troubleshooting. These are what he has tried:

• verifying game files
  • redownloading the game
  • contacting customer support (they stopped replying to him after 1-2 days)
  • deleting all PTR characters (this has worked for other people but didn’t for him)
  • uninstalling PTR and reinstalling
  • transferring his main character to another world in US east
  • tried creating a 2nd character on US East (and was successful), then deleted it, waited several days, and then tried transferring his EU character to US region and had no luck
  • tried transferring in obscure areas of the map (also worked for other people)
  • double checked to make sure he had no pending trades, no homes, and not in a company.

The problem has persisted for weeks, if not MONTHS.
He leveled his character to 60 and has gear/gs/weapon xp… he does not want to have to let that character rot in an unplayable region.

INFO:
First Character’s name and server/region (this one is where it should be):

• notRoyal - Castle of Steel - US East

Character’s name and server/region (this is the one that is currently stuck):

• Dug - Nysa - EU

IDEAL:
We would like to move the character Dug to US East (preferably Maramma) but any world is fine as long as its on US East, or simply have the bug fixed.

Hello @wibblz ,

Greetings to you! :handshake:

I am sorry to know about the issue your friend is facing while transferring the character to US East. Thanks you for explaining the issue and writing down all the troubleshooting that your friend have already tried, This seems to be an account specific issue and hence I would recommend them to contact live support to raise a web ticket and if already raised, the colleagues there will be able to check an update on the ticket and re-assign it with more information (if required).

I am tagging the link containing information about the transfers, for your information-

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers! :sunflower:

1 Like

I’ve linked this post to my friend and will encourage them to contact live support
Thank you for the swift response :muscle:
I’ll be back if the problem persists in a week still

1 Like

Did this get resolved? Also waiting on a fix…

nah it didn’t fix :frowning:
My friend ended up just moving their alt to west coast since east is perma bugged for them.

Hello @wibblz and @KOREANKOWBOY,

I am sorry to hear the situation was not solved to your best liking. Can you confirm if an attempt was made to contact support after @Helianthus suggested it and what the answer was if that was the case?

If the issue is still affecting you directly you can bring visibility to this scenario and your feelings by posting in the Feedback section of the forums or you can also submit your valuable feedback In-Game by doing the following:

1- Press “Esc”, select Game Menu, and then Submit Feedback.
2- Provide a description of the feedback, rate your experience, and then select Submit.

Hope this helps and see you in Aeternum! :wolf:

@Fenrirskoll - Yes I contacted support 4 months ago and they closed my ticket and just said that the devs are aware. Is there anyway you can get an answer from the devs when this will be fixed? This bug has been around for so long and so many players are stuck in regions because of this. We have all made tickets which don’t lead anywhere.

Yah, not able to move west to east, so rerolled. Some janky bug with having created and deleted a character on east.

Hello @KOREANKOWBOY and thank you @allenandginter for your input,

Thank you for following up on this matter. I can see you had contacted support several months ago but suggest creating a new ticket as numerous procedures have changed since.

The devs are aware of very specific issues with server movement and continue working on it (with no ETA) but there are also work arounds that can be tried so do not hesitate contacting support.

Best of lucks and see you in Aeternum! :wolf:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.