Server Transfer: Character_Persist_Failure

• What is your character name in New World: Jilp
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Argadnel (Was Ydalir)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Character_Persist_failure
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Impossible to play the game
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Character_persist_Failure_Trim (Excuse the background noise)
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  1. Switched servers using free transfer token (Left company and removed orders as required)
  2. Switched factions (Covenant to Syndicate, did not persist through crashes)
  3. Was able to duel and interact with the game
  4. After some random amount of time, game crashes with a “Character_Persist_Failure”

Would like to know how I can deal with this or if it is just a timing thing. Friends transferred and switched with no issues.

6 Likes

I am also getting this bug :frowning:

1 Like

I think many of us are having this Issue. I obviously do not know why this issue is happing but I could assume its due to the amount of people switching servers at once. Im gonna give It a few hours to see If it fixes It self once things slow down a bit In regards to the Server Transfers! Thats my recommendation atm.

2 Likes

Looking more into it, there is a post already from a few days ago on a recommendation for this: Lag detected "Server error: failed to persist the character" (CX recommended fix did not solve the issue)

1 Like

Yeah seems like it’s just a poorly documented error that could use some better messaging, initially scared the crap out of me since I thought I bricked my character.

1 Like

I got this error again. None of my progress on this character has saved. it’s like my character did a rewind back to the last place it was at after the first “character persist failure”.

Hullo, also getting the same bug.

Can’t interact with trading/market, and my characters progress does not save during the time played. Game currently unplayable.

3 Likes

I also can’t trade or buy / sell anything after the world transfer and I get disconnected after a few seconds…

1 Like

Same issue. I got the error whilst transferring and now every few minutes and it kicks me out. I cannot use the trading post or trade with friends, and every time I get the error I lose my friends list. I’ve also had items I dropped returned to me, like my character is being rolled back to the pre transfer state.

2 Likes

any solution?

bump

Having the same issue after transferring to another server.

Waiting to talk to customer support.

None… :frowning:

I’ve done this twice and still does not work.

Same issue here

Took a two hour break, restarted my modem, and tried again, still no luck. Definitely a server-side issue. from the posts before (This was before server transfers were a thing, so may be the same error different bug) just giving it time would fix it. Hopefully that is the case as well. Not sure the transfer meets the “safe and ready for everyone to use” standards promised in the patch-notes, but hopefully it is a temporary bug.

Also experiencing this issue after server transferring. I am unable to trade, trading post, collect items, stash items. If my inventory changes I get a “Character_Persist_Failure” error and get disconnected from the server.

New World Support Ticket: Contact Us | Amazon Games

Best advice would be to create a ticket if it’s important you see this fixed now, otherwise waiting it probably your best bet. Don’t try to make any changes to your character in the mean time since they are likely to revert back and it could put your character in a worse state.

I’m having this same issue.

I am having the exact same issue. This is incredibly disappointing, right as I though I get to play with my friends.

• What is your character name in New World: Vidrak
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bouneima (moved from Maldonada)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Character_Persist_failure
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Game Breaking Bug - Completely Unplayable
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Impossible to play the game
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

• Removed all of my buy/sell orders, and was kicked from my company on Maldonada, so was good there. Spent all of my faction tokens.
  • Used the free server transfer coin to move my character to the Bouneima to finally play with my friends.
  • It sat and spun for a while (a minute or so?), then kicked me to character select.
  • I then see my character select, and shows the new server I moved to.
  • Click play, load in and I cannot interact meaningfully with the world at all.
  • I can run around some and tried crafting, I even ran all the way to a town to unload my inventory. Dropped off a bunch of items and logged out.
  • Log back in to my character being reset back to the exact same spot I was on Maldonada.
  • I will get the error above when trying to meaningfully interact with the world, like trading or using the auction house.
  • I have tried your “fix” from another post with resetting DNS, and about to try a VPN, but so far, still getting the same error and character reset. I basically can’t do anyhting.

Some other notes, I had nearly 100 buy orders on Maldonada when I transferred. I believe I removed them all and double checked. I transferred almost immediately after. I don’t know if there was any kind of desync there.

It basically appears like I am stuck in limbo on the player-to-player interactions, and can’t progress at all. But when I load back in, seems to keep pulling the information from my new server and resetting me.

I am an alpha player, and this is pretty frustrating, but understandable. Please contact me directly if you would like me to try anything. I want to get back in game!

Thanks!