Server Transfers still not working, Server names are all numbers. No Dev updates in 5+ hours

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: MarshalLaw
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Still cannot transfer to same server as my friends, family even after waiting all this time for you to bring server xfers back. Game keeps saying active buy/sell orders.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Still cannot transfer to same server as my friends, family even after waiting all this time for you to bring server xfers back. Game keeps saying active buy/sell orders.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

We’ve had 2 server restarts now and it’s changed nothing, no Dev posts in 5+ hours. What’s going on? I’ve waited all this time thinking yesterday Id finally be able to transfer after your last transfers had gold dupes and prevented me from leaving.

2 Likes

At this point you should just bypass the sell/buyorder step of server transfers.

Due to a bug exploit that was causing certain players to duplicate gold. Server transfers were disabled shortly after they were opened up. It would seem the bug being exploited is taking longer than anticipated to rectify. As soon as this bug is fixed. And the exploit can no longer be taken advantage of, the transfers will re-open to every char. Offering a single-use, free token.

1 Like

I’m confused, is the gold dupe bug the reason that the game is currently saying I cannot transfer due to buy/sell orders?

I thought that issue was delt with and a new issue was the current problem?

1 Like

Sorry, the previous reason server transfers were down was indeed due to gold duplication; however, server transfers are active but players may have trouble transfering if there is a contract that won’t allow them to transfer (more information here: [Notice] Trading Post and Server Transfer Issues).

Once I have an update on the fix, I’ll be posting it there.

Server numbers should be fixed though!

I know the room is on fire right now but it would be nice to get an update on cross-region transfer plan once this all settles down. Hasn’t been a word since the megathread was closed.

The megathread has a response to that iirc. There’s been no update on that front.

@Luxendra it may be worthwhile cleaning some of the old questions in the megathread. The latest updates say cross region transfers will not happen… But older questions say it’s being worked on. Logically this makes sense but I’d imagine people will come to wrong conclusions if they read the full post.

: Why did we make character and company names global if we can’t transfer across regions?
A: As mentioned, we are actually working on transferring between regions right now, so having global names will prevent some confusion that otherwise would have occurred

It is not happening at this time but there is potential for it to happen in the future. This is something that the team will look into.

Can u give to us a radar of time , how long we need to wait for transfer ? One day, one week ? Please we dont know if wait or not

dont know how to link this but luxendra wrote this

Greetings Adventurers,

We are holding downtime on October 29th / October 30th for each region to fix the following issues. Downtime is expected to take 3 hours for each region.

Please find the issues and start times for each region below:

• Trading Post contracts should complete properly and players missing gold should see their gold compensated

Speculative fixes:

• The trading post issue should resolve server transfer for all players affected by this issue

Please find the regional downtimes below:

Region Restart Time (in your local timezone)
Central Europe Today 4:00 AM
South America Today 11:30 AM
US-East Today 12:30 PM
US-West Today 1:30 PM
Australia Today 2:00 PM

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

1 Like

Well it’s 8 days later and I still can’t server transfer because of "active trading post orders’ lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.