Several Bluescreens on start after updating New World

Hello,
when I launched Steam today, New World required an update of ca 4.5 GB before I was able to launch it. Yesterday I played the last time, today the update was shown.
After the update has finished, I tried to launch the game, and after a few seconds of waiting without the process showing up at all, I ended up with a Bluescreen of Death.
The first time (and several attempts after this) it was a “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”-bluescreen.
After that I did the following:

• Verifying gamefiles
  • Reinstalling the game
  • clean-reinstalling the graphics card-drivers
  • Running a SFC-check
  • Running a chkdsk-repair

After each step I tried to start the game and ended up with one of these bluescreens:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Other games (e.g. Cyberpunk 2077, Medieval Dynasty, Witcher 3) are still starting/playable without any issue.

Does anybody have an idea what to try else?
I was already confused about the 4.5 GB update without any patch notes or announcement.

1 Like

Hello @Conpartus ,

Greetings to you! :handshake: It is good to see you back on forums! :slight_smile:

I am sorry to know that after an update on the game you are getting a bluescreen error.

Thank you for sharing the steps that you have already tried.

In addition to the above steps can you please also try the following-

• Verify that your device has the latest updates.
  • Uninstall temporarily any third party antivirus.
  • Disable the firewall.
  • Remove any external device attached to the device.
  • Set Windows power settings to High performance.
  • Try clean booting into Windows:

Follow the instructions at How to perform a clean boot in Windows. Clean booting into Windows prevents any unnecessary programs or services from starting up, and can help narrow down the cause of your issues. If you continue to have trouble after performing a clean boot, it’s safe to assume that background programs and services aren’t the root cause, and you can go back to your normal startup.

Check for malware:

Malware can cause many adverse effects on your computer. These effects vary widely depending upon the type and purpose of the malware, but high resource usage can be one of the symptoms, which could directly impact your gaming experience. If you have your own preferred antivirus or anti-malware software, feel free to use it to scan your computer.

Please refer to the following link in case any step is missed.

Please ensure to restart the device as an integral part of trouebleshooting.

Let me know if this helps! :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Thanks, sadly none of these tips worked out for me. But: After I downloaded the actual update yesterday, I didn’t experience any bluescreens :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help anyways @Helianthus, I really appreciate this :slight_smile: My current guess is that some Easy Anti Cheat-files became corrupted after the “update” I downloaded a few days ago via Steam. But this is just a guess.

1 Like

Hello @Conpartus ,

Thank you so much for trying out the steps.

I am sorry that none of these worked for you :frowning:

If this is still an issue you can try looking for troubleshooting on official Microsoft help page. Also, I recommend you to kindly contact our live support so that they can raise a ticket for your issue.

Best regards! :evergreen_tree: