Severe Lag/Latency Spikes

Win 10 Pro
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super - driver version 472.12
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
SSD 15.95 GB Ram
New World Server: Dis on NA East, though this also happened on Oceana

I randomly experience severe lag and input latency spikes that cause my character to rubber-band around the screen, super slow attacks, fps drops, and delays in mouse and key presses. I have not had any disconnect issues though.

I have tried the following fixes (not in this order):

1. Verified the integrity of game files in Steam.
  2. Double and triple checked for windows and driver updates. Everything is up to date.
  3. Rolled back my Nvidia driver to a previous version (as suggested by other players). It made no difference so I returned to the most recent version.
  4. Reset my router.
  5. Disabled all background processes on my pc in Settings > Privacy > Background Apps except for my Nvidia Control Panel
  6. Closed all programs while the game is running except for Discord, Steam, peripheral software, and GeForce Now.
  7. Reviewed Network usage in my task manager while the game is running.
  8. Adjusted in game visual settings to low, capped fps at 60, disabled vsync.
  9. Ran a network speed test.
  10. Double checked my Firewall settings
  11. Contacted my ISP regarding issues with my lines. They’re fine. The technical support also said there are no restrictions on my connection to New World servers.
  12. Performed every maintenance task, freed disk space, optimized drives on my pc.

So far, nothing has even improved this issue.

Hello @Captivating, I’m going to need you to send over some logs from your pc, please follow these instructions.

submit logs and DxDiag report to cs-reply@amazon.com:

• At minimum, provide the most recent log, but preferably provide 3 logs from: Users<username>\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups

• If applicable, provide a single log file from: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\CrashDB\reports\

• DxDiag report:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
    • Click on dxdiag.exe.
    • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

Once you send that to the email I specified, we can create a ticket and investigate further. Keep me updated, and if you need any more help let me know.

Hi Professor_Snail.

Thank you for your prompt response. What do I do if the CrashDB/reports folder is empty? There’s absolutely nothing in it.

I believe you have to to enable hidden files, use this to Show hidden files. Let me know if it shows anything with that.

I have been having the exact same issues, with my 3080 with an I9 9900k.

I played both betas and never experienced this problem until launch and I have done everything OP has listed and more trying to find a way to fix it.

In my settings, show hidden files is already enabled - but my game hasn’t crashed so I wouldn’t have a crash file then, would I?

I sent the log files to cs-reply@amazon.com and received an immediate response.

How weird, would you mind sending the logs over here then? I’ll upload them as a ticket myself.

How do I do that since the .txt file format is forbidden?

I don’t want to throw out a red herring, but have you tried disabling voice chat? I noticed I had quite a performance bump when doing that, believe it or not.

The in-game voice chat is disabled. I exclusively use discord for voice.

You get an update/fix by any chance yet? Day 1 I spiked hard. Day 2 I was fine all day. Then ever since I’ve still been getting spikes and this is the only game that does so. Also running a 1660 Super and I’ve done all the same steps on here besides rolling back my driver since i’ve heard 50/50 from doing that.

No, I have not. Tech Support is an absolute joke.

On top of the solutions I listed in this thread, live chat support suggested disabling ipv 6 on my pc. This has been the only additional suggestions because every single representative I speak to links me to the support pages to follow the lag/latency tips. Every. Single. One. Supposedly, after multiple times contacting someone through the live chat feature, I have an open trouble shoot ticket and yet Oct 4th is one response and October 10th is the last. That’s been it.

On October 12th, my entire game froze and crashed. When it did so, my gpu went spastic ultimately causing my pc to reboot.

I have not launched the game since. I will NOT brick my gpu to play a game that’s this poorly optimized.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.