Shadows flickering very rapidly north of ballards manor epilepsy warning

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

• What is your character name in New World: Gyro Zeppeli
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: oceana
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: the shadows flicker very rapidly north of ballards manor and could easily cause someone with epilepsy or photosensitivity to have issues it was giving me a terrible headache i had to do my quest and run out asap.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: gave me a headache i havnt checked out the rest of this area so i hope its not affecting other shadows or else i may not be able to stay in brightwood
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: leaving the area stops the issue i think it has something to do with the moon
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: New World epileptic manor - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: just go anywhere near ballards manor i tried changing my shadows and all other visual setting and it flickered on every one of them
1 Like

I am actually having the exact same issue with shadows flickering. The GPU is RTX 3070 Gigabyte OC. Latest Nvidia drivers, lastest Mobo and GPU BIOS.
Here is some footage:

1. Same location as posted above:
    2021 10 06 00 28 04 - YouTube
  2. Different location, similar issue, but less frequently
    shadow glitches 2 - YouTube
    Time on the video when the issue is visible:
    0:16, 0:38, 0:46, 1:16

Is anyone else having similar issues? Is it hardware or software related? I do not seem to have issues like that elsewhere but in NWO

I’m having the same problem here

GTX 1650

Everyone has this problem when there’s fog.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.