Shield Attribute Bug ( Still not fixed unbelievable )

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Sux2bu2

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Shield Attributes do not reflect when you switch to secondary weapon . Unlike all other weapons shield/sword has attributes distributed to 2 pieces and shield bonus is disregarded when you switch.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: You are penalized for using a Sword/shield build, you lose attribute points .

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just equip sword and shield

277 str / 200 con is with sword/shield on main hand.
264 str / 200 con is when i switch to secondary weapon the warhammer in main hand.
If i had axe / hammer my stats would be 277 / 200 with both weapons
With all other weapon pairs you dont lose attributes because all 30 attributes are on the weapon not 15/15 seperated. They should put all attributes on the sword with sword/shield pair. Every single sword/shield user is penalized 15 attributes in his second weapon choice .
This is just a silly incompotent design flaw that i prefer to adress as a bug.

26 Likes

It’s not a bug dude, that’s the system of the game. If he could use stats while not using a shield, many builds would put the shield in the slot just to get stats. Any heavy user.

5 Likes

You dont understand what i meant.
As a sword shield user you dont get the bonus on the shield on your secondary.
Not just as a filler equipment.
277 str / 200 con is with sword/shield on main hand.
264 str / 200 con is when i switch to secondary weapon the warhammer in main hand.
If i had axe / hammer my stats would be 277 / 200 with both weapons
With all other weapon pairs you dont lose attributes because all 30 attributes are on the weapon not 15/15 seperated. They should put all attributes on the sword with sword/shield pair. Every single sword/shield user is penalized 15 attributes in his second weapon choice .
This is just a silly incompotent design flaw that i prefer to adress as a bug.

7 Likes

working as intended.

3 Likes

see this thread also. Buggy issue effecting health when using sword and great axe - Game Feedback / Game Feedback - New World Forums

bump

I am going to keep bumping this up till they admit this has been overlooked and is a major disadvantage for shield users.

6 Likes

That seems pretty trivial to code for. If the sword is in weapon slot 1/2 then add shield stats to player. If no sword is in a weapon slot then don’t.

3 Likes

Or just put both weapons on the same slot and delete the shield slot

1 Like

That actually seems more complicated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This game is full of foolish overlooked errors inbalances that have trivial fixes yet adding content and new mechanics noone asked for is their priority so far. They keep creating more problems instead of solving existing ones. No wonder they keep losing players. Calling this game a final release is an insult to other game developers.

Developers please answer this

1 Like

I have posted the same thing before and so have others but still no response from dev team, please can we have at least an acknowledgement on this issue as it is completely unfair to sword/shield users. This was listed in an old update as an exisiting issue but seems to have been ignored since then.

lets posts again, im helping

Bump.
@Luxendra @Kay @NW_Mugsy

1 Like

I am going to keep bumping this up till they admit this has been overlooked and is a major disadvantage for shield users.

1 Like

bump

bump

Bump.

up