Shield Audio Bug when Jumping

What is your character name in New World: Despresso
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena and Seer
Describe the issue you are experiencing: When jumping/moving with a shield equipped, an aggressive whooshing sound occurs
Is this a bug? Yes
How did the issue affect your gameplay: It is extremely jarring, to the point where I am no longer using the shield.
Were you able to recover from the issue: No. New World Shield Audio Issue - YouTube

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip a shield, and jump
When did this happen? It started happening after a recent update.

Thanks for reporting this! I’ll get this to the team.

1 Like

Welcome to the New World forum community as well! This has been sent over to the team.

1 Like

hello, I appreciate you. However since i reported this, this issue has also expanded to when the shield is unequipped. I have verified game files and opened new saves, and that out-of-place whooshing/heavy breathing sound still occurs. I’m no longer sure what causes it, but i can most definitely say this is new.

I have my in-game audio quality set to 100%, and I turned down all audio settings except for “Sound Effects Volume”. This problem happens in every part of the map, regardless of account or gender. Due to my misophonia, I am currently unable to play the game in it’s current state.