Skinning legendary material drop nerfed too hard

• What is your character name in New World: Zydjan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pluto
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: No smolderhide and scarhide dropping, it was nerfed too much. In full luck (trophies, gear, food) it took 1,5 hour to get 6 smolderhide. My company is experiencing the same issue (one person has farmed over 100k ironhide and got less than 50 of each legendary material)
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug, nerfed too much
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Takes too long to get material, makes all the trophy, gear and food feel useless.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Skin lvl 60 animals and watch your life pass while you are waiting for a lego drop.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) since the nerfing patch. Not a time specific thing.

Thank <3

1 Like

Agreed, it’s a bit absurd. Not sure why the Devs have to use a sledgehammer every time they nerf something.

1 Like

@Kay @Aenwyn

Since this is an intended change, this is technically by design and not a bug. However, I’ve taken your concerns and feedback regarding the change and will review them with the team!

You can also convert the hides at a tanning station. I guess it’s still 250 to 1. And you get so many from aptitude crates too…

1. It takes 5000 iron hide to craft 10 of each legendary mat. At .10 a hide (its over that on my server), that’s 500 gold just for the legendary mats. When you add on the coast of the infused leather, its barely worth even crafting the runic leather.
  2. They nerfed the drop rates in crates as well, and the amount you get now is pretty pathetic. There’s no reason that scarhide and smolderhide should be dropping 2 or 3 at a time.

You don’t get that much anymore from the crates. I know you can convert but the goal here is to be able to do something else than farming 99% of the time you have to game just to do your daily cooldowns. Maybe the drop rate needed a nerf but there was no need to nerf it into oblivion.

Nerf it a little, than check the reception. Still to high of a drop rate? Nerf it more. No need to go from 100 to 0 in one fell swoop, This is applicable to everything they may want to adjust in the futur.
Look at the bow! It was barely used. They buffed it into the most broken weapon atm. Why sooo many buff all at once? Take it slower and it would be less of a intense roller coaster

2 Likes

Sure glad I quit playing 2 months ago. I bet those nerfs will reach all crafting drops…A LOT Less rewards for playing nice way to screw over “what’s left of your player base”.

It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s too much and what’s too little.

It’s kind of like turning the shower on. Sometimes you turn the heat too far, but that makes it quicker to heat up and figure out the perfect temperature than starting luke warm and turning it up bit by bit when it’s not enough.

We’ll review this to see if it’s where we think it should be or if it needs adjusting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just go murder every Bison around the town in reekwater for a couple hours.

That’s the intended gameplay loop now.

The issue is that when the water is too hot, you all rip out the water heater to see how that works and skip the knobs.

1 Like

I also agree with the feedback. You get too few Legys when collecting leather since the change

Just like when they over nerfed the refining drops from chest did they EVER increase them back up? NOPE! Have to farm chest way way way to much to get a decent amount to be able to craft. Hell we still get iron bullets and arrows from 53+ level chest. What about the tree drops from elemental wolves …nope still get only 1 or 2,

Like they will ever increase anything after the OVER NERFS!

i have the supplies looted II- Over 10k supply chest looted
Got that March 14th. To craft All that chest farming is just ridiculous.
Or I could have used the $ sellers. NO! Seems that’s what they want,

1 Like

YES

It’s absolutely beyond nerfed. It was for sure too easy before…now it’s beyond too difficult. It’s the only lego drop that drops so infrequently and in low numbers.

Absolute max skinning luck, and it took me a 3-4 hours to get enough to last me a week :rofl:. And this is with me turning excess iron hides into the lego stuff.

Wasn’t the original idea to nerf the aptitude chest drop rate and INCREASE the drop rate in the wild via actual skinning?

The other thing we’re not talking about is that post 200 skinning xp is TERRIBLE compared to the other gathering skills. The bump from Iron Hide relative to Thick Hide is very small compared to Ironwood & Wyrdwood, for example.
I’ve run the Reekwater bison route & killed Eden’s boars more than enough to know the xp is off. I am 60+ aptitude in mining (not really an Ori miner), harvesting & lumber but only 14 in skinning.

lately the water has been too cold :frowning:

The main issue with the skinning nerf vs any other gathering skill is this.
Herbs, ore, fish and trees don’t move around. Nor do they require killing first before gathering.

The overall effort it takes to kill and skin animals (especially at higher levels) is far greater than any other skill - yet it is currently the least rewarding against a players time, especially when compared against the other gathering skills.

1 Like

Stop making sense or AGS will …say they will pass this info up the chain…and nothing will ever happen.

Maybe a little more testing was needed befor the change. I guess you like spending 8-12 hrs in a day just to do the cool down.

This is because they relied on metrics like “spawn rate of animals vs trees” and completely ignore the player time factor.

Trees don’t move around or need to be killed before I can cut them down. But their spawn rate is longer than mobs, so tree cutting rewards are 4x faster to get than skinning ones.

It ignores the fact that I have to do 2 things before skinning, or that theres a literal forest full of trees every 3 steps, and relies entirely on “availability” based on spawn rate which is a stupid metric that doesn’t accurately portray how available a resource is.

They cranked the required XP for aptitude level on skinning way up, and it takes ages to get a chest from it compared to mining or lumberjackin.

They need to stop relying solely on numbers and start using knowledge of the game systems and how they actually play out and feel to a player, when balancing stuff like this.

Otherwise this kind of ridiculous disparity will continue to occur in feature after feature and reward after reward.