So... are shell companies technically Breaking the Code of Conduct?

i would of said monetary requirements but thats trivial for some companies.

so it really only limits it to a time requirement.

the only quick solution to shell pushes is a timed lock out when changing companies. that will at least knock down the shells from like 4 to 2.

(ie if you leave your company or get kicked (nipping that in the butt) you cannot join or create a new company for like 7 days. this stops companies from pushing immediately with 4-5 companies without extreme preplanning and a LOT of bodies)

alternativly. a more punishing option is deleting any progress made by a shell company by removing the progress from anyone that pushed and swapped companies.

it would mean that a shell cannot push 20% switch to a new company and push another 20% etc etc. so if 9/10 people pushed the 20% and swapped the influence will drop down to 2%. get shreked.

1 Like

AGS should just introduce a 3 days war offensive war CD for now for a short term fix and figure out how to better fix this shell company fiasco.

Another thing they could do is to cap maximum influence 1 company could push in a territory per day. Problem with mega company is they spread their members into their holding company and zerg a territory influence push sometimes in only an hour or 2 making it impossible for smaller companies to compete in pushing influence. A daily influence cap would help smaller companies to get into war bidding.

2 Likes

Make them salvage one piece of their BiS gear to swap companies and it stops all together :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We should honestly just have a different system where there’s ‘war time,’ during which wars can be openly waged and joined, so a town could come under huge siege. That’d give people the ability to team up, or intercept sieges.

Ah, I dunno, I’m just trying for something that kiboshes them completely, but I don’t know if it can happen.

These are all good ideas, though, and even if it’s just a slap patch fix it could buy them time.

1 Like

Another subject that will not get a clear answer from AGS, because why would they!

It would require them to respect their player base, which they do not.

2 Likes

This is actually now complicated because of AGS inaction.
Because AGS hasn’t said anything one way or another, they are complicit in allowing it.
This is why all questions about exploits must be answered by the devs promptly and unambiguously. Yes or No., nothing in between.

The best way to deal with it now is what should have been done with the player-controlled settlement system: Delete it.
Fixes this issue immediately and any possible kind of workaround. And it fixes all sorts of other issues and exploits. It would also open up a system that makes wars relevant to everyone to initiate, and accessible to everyone to play, not just the best 50 people a company can find and everyone else gets kicked.

Better PvP by completely separating player influence over Settlements - Game Feedback / Game Feedback - New World Forums

1 Like

Ah, they’d no doubt-- in our context-- say the forums are a minority of players.

1 Like

im mostly talking about a quick fix to at least reduce shells.

im more in favor of nuking the entire territory system and starting over in a way that makes wars…wars.

i want to see squad level of nonsense.

trebuchet squads, convoys, sniper squads, ambushes, castling up in fort.

etc etc etc.

2 Likes

Yeah, the whole territory system itself sucks. Wreck those and make forts a slightly bigger deal but not nearly so influential, and leave cities that every player uses the fuck out of PVP players’ hands.

1 Like

In a post somewhere, I mentioned I thought it was dumb that we pvp’d for territories when the benefit of owning a territory is tied into the PVE experience. Aside from the gold of course.

Forts should be fought for in PvP and remove all the crafting tables from the equation. It nukes servers.

PVP = Forts
PVE = Settlements

Of course, forts are kind of pointless at the moment so this requires a re-work of the whole system.

1 Like

No more than 10 outside players per company war with a 24 hour cooldown on company swapping.

Or.

4 hour war “fatigue”/cooldown per player.

Right off the bat that’s two very easy systems to implement. There’s countless other options.

However, per the devs recent video, this isn’t important to them at the moment. They’ve explicitly said territory control isn’t important to them right now.

1 Like

Shell companies are just using the mechanics of the game. The real issue isn’t making multiple companies or even transferring between companies. It’s the territory and war system needs to revised in a large way. Just a couple ideas:

• Random chance war decs after pushing for hours feels terrible. Allow for an inner faction war to earn the dec

• Companies exist solely for pvp region control. Give pve centric companies a reason to exist

• Company governors have too much power and allows for large amount of server gold to be controlled be too few people. Reduce gold or force splitting of gold.

• The corrupted breaches have zero impact on a region. Make clearing them delay a war or maybe even give a percentage of region gold to players that clear breaches.

If a company loves war, they will do anything to play more wars. Often times that requires taking more territory. If they’re better than the ones they war, they will naturally take that land. Is it greedy in a sense? Sure. They are hoarding the wars for themselves. But if there’s no repercussions or rules anywhere saying they can’t, what’s to stop them?

If the devs want shells to stop, they need to make a mock war system so everyone gets more wars, add a cooldown to swapping companies, make a rule that your roster needs to be filled by 50% of your own company members, and remove factions from PVP.

That would add more wars for everyone and remove the shell problem.

No point in having unenforceable rules. There is no way for them to do anything about shell companies that wouldn’t hit a some innocent bystanders.

Thank you for your post @IDarkStar! It seems like you’ve sparked quite the discussion, I’ll forward this to the devs and see what they have to say!

/s

2 Likes

problem is thats not the only thing these people do this for.

quite often they wreck entire servers and dip to another server.

and its super funny when one is running away from a better super company.

they dont want competition.

they want land and money. quite often.

they specifically target weaker servers because its an easier take.

it can be slightly mitigated by having company joining and leaving cool downs.

that should be more than enough to reduce shell companies from the 4+ down to like 2 if they want any significant push power.

and even at 2 25 man squads that will limit their decking chances to about 50% at best. (assuming 20% requirement and if pushed at the same rate with similar group numbers its going to be potentially 4 companies that can deck)

along with removing any influence gained by people leaving companies mid push (fully shown on the bar so that it doesn’t poison the push (multiple crap shells to push out potential decker’s) should make it so that at the least more normal companies have a chance at decking.

1 Like

You are asking the wrong question. We know what they are doing is against the TOS and ruining the experience for many players. What we don’t know is why there has been no action taken against it.

That is all I want to know. Why has there been no action taken?

This is the main reason I dropped the game and its still the main reason I won’t seriously ever consider coming back. I’d like to know why they think its not an issue worth addressing.

3 Likes

Been asking that same question since launch on many exploits.

Officially an EXPLOIT but where are the BANS? - Game Feedback / Game Feedback - New World Forums

2 Likes

Some toxic companies deliberately try taking ‘every’ territory and people don’t even bother trying to fight back and just leave instead. That server becomes a ghost town and the company jumps to the next highest pop server. They try doing the same thing but if they can’t beat the competition they get salty and leave to a different server.

But not every company with multiple territories is like that. Some genuinely just do it for more wars.

Bottom line is this:

• the current system breeds bad player habits

We need to remove factions from PVP to stop limiting who we can fight (such as a toxic company within the same faction), make a queueable war mode (mock wars or custom wars), limit how much gold you earn from town ownership to 50% and the rest goes back into townboard rewards or other gold rewards in the territory (clearing portals, killing mobs, dungeons, etc). Then add a 7 day cooldown to company swapping and make it so you must fill a roster with 50% of your own players.

Then companies wont be able to get as rich owning land. You can’t have a billion shell companies. And everyone gets into more wars.

and lose out on those 15$ per person transfers?

thats the reason its money.

(actually my replies are blending between all these similar things… by trasnfers i mean super companies that do use shells as a way of upping their chances at decks. these are the people that move in giant units to new servers to take over everything and then leave when everyone else has abandoned the servers)

2 Likes