So how exactly do they identify duped items?

Since my global chat is a joke right now, everyone theorizing about how they gonna identify them… i actually want to know, how they gonna track duped items and gold,i am a completly legitimate player so im not worried about it, just want to know how it is made so i can finally get them to shut the hell up and stop arguing the whole day about it.

Have a nice day!

Judging by how those exploits were handled so far (this is not the first duping exploit…):
They won’t.
Every item stays, every single gold coin stays and exploiters get a 24h ban slap on the wrist at best. Players who did not exploit screwed themselves.
Sad but true.

1 Like

Possibly along the lines of:

item A created by process X
item A gained
item A gained
item A gained

vs

item A gained
item A gained
item A gained
item A gained
item A gained
item A gained

However speculation is rather pointless. Bans are going out so they’re clearly finding stuff and dealing with it, which is good and all we really need to know.

Unfortunately, that’s not how it works. Both legitimate items and duplicated ones both follow the same process as far as the server log is concerned.

Dupes of this nature where you cancel the trade but the trade goes through on the other client are very easy to see in the log because Player A did not perform the trade but Player B did.

Player B got an item that was never sent.

It’s actually extremely easy for them to find duped items.

As simple as running a query that verifies if their amount of gold / item actually changed after completing a trade. They then have a list of every single trade that has ever taken place where this occured.

Done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.