So what worlds are we getting merged into?

right that is my meaning if you are on a server being merged and you know the dominant faction of the target and that faction is not the dominant on your current server you could switch to the dominant faction before the merge.

Who said it was merging now?

I hadn’t factored in that the listed servers are only the servers merging IN to another. This is the best explanation I’ve seen and it’s backed by data (specifically for Arkadia Chi).

The breakdown is:

| World Name | World Set | Average Player Count Last 7 Days |
| Scheria | Arkadia Chi | 70 |
| Oceana | Arkadia Chi | 601 |
| Duguang | Arkadia Chi | 65 |
| Falias | Arkadia Chi | 92 |
| Moriai | Arkadia Chi | 68 |
| Kaluwalhatian | Arkadia Chi | 48 |
| Maca | Arkadia Chi | 52 |

If we merge the 5 listed servers (Duguang, Falias, Moriai, Kaluwalhatian, and Maca) into Scheria, we get a 7 day average of 675 which is comparable to Oceana’s 601. This number is skewed low because it factors in like 4AM player count. So we’re likely to see comparable peak of about 1200-1300 at peak which matches their goal player count.

(Data from nws.corentincloss.fr)

1 Like

Curious that they also mention downtime is for server merger preparation but they don’t exclusively state the merger? It is very confusing to read and seems rushed.

i’m thinking you will be destination. So on that note what does the faction map control look like?

[Notice] Server Merge: US-East, US-West, Australia, Central Europe They updated the post, looks like if your server wasn’t listed the first time, you will be the host server.

2 Likes

The first EU merge of Vanaheim Terra was a disaster or rather did not lead to any results. The 6 or 7 servers that are now bundled on one server reach just about 1000 players in prime time on weekends. That is 500 players less than before the merge on weekdays.

The server merge is not a holy grail. It’s not enough to simply bring players together. For the servers to work, the right mix of players must also be present.

1 Like

Well, that is unfortunate. Since my server will not be the server where the other servers are being merged into, I might as well stop with all the town missions, since all the progress will be lost.

It would make a lot more sense to have a bank server, like there was at launch.

I see the updated merge list, you guys are being too careful with the merges. We, the players, want to be on a server with 1500-2000 players. We don’t want to go from a 200 concurrent player server to 400 concurrent player server. Which will be the case with my particular server merge (Elphame and Chinvat will be merging into Ys for Arkadia Psi.)

I’m on Ys and recently we’ve had quite many Companies and players transfer off to other, better and greener worlds. We’re now down to 200’ish concurrent players, and we can barely get 1 Outpost Rush game going. Sometimes we can’t even get 1 game going during US East primetime. And we barely get a few Wars a week, the server is dead and we need fresh players.

I was soooo looking forward to the worldset merge, taking our 200 player server into 1200’ish. But instead of merging the whole Arkadia Psi, you’re splitting the worldset into two host servers.
You’re being too conservative. We’re now looking to go from 200 to 400 players. That’s not fun at all.

This is so frustrating, we’ve waited a long time for the merge. We want a packed server like Eden, Olympus, Valhalla, El Dorado, etc… All these servers have 1500+ concurrent players and they get to play Outpost Rush day or night, they get multiple wars a day, they get tons of chest & dungeon runs all hours of the day. New World is best played when the server is healthy, populated, and alive like the servers I listed above. Aiming for 400-500 players per server is just a bad decision, you will lose more players…more loyal players that have stuck this long waiting for the server merges.

2 Likes

We are going from a server with 200 players to one thats going to be 1500+. no one on my server wants this. We hoped the server would not exceed 6-800 players. 1k+ players turns servers into a Toxic mess as seen with servers like Valhalla. anything over 1k on these server is crowded and just chokes the server for resources.

1 Like

The problem is that multiplayer enthusiasts are extremely outnumbered on the “dead servers”. You can probably count this type of player on one hand. The average player left on a server that has well under 500 concurrent players in prime time has a fundamentally different understanding of what it means to enjoy a game. The fact is that on servers that have no players, there are more players who have little interest in interacting with other players. It just doesn’t lead to any result to bundle this kind of players on one server, because the multiplayer activities will only increase moderately, if at all.

1 Like

Yeah I was shocked to see that post right under mine, lol. So Amazon can’t please everybody. You have pvp players like me who want action and wars all the time. On Ys we seriously lack world pvp, we can barely spawn 1 outpost rush even during primetime. So pvp players like me stuck on a dead server would want a big merge, we’d love to be on a server with over 1200 concurrent players.

Then you have others that may prefer to harvest & craft in peace. They’re happy with little to no Wars, they don’t queue Outpost Rush, they don’t care to world pvp. They are happy to play New World that way and would prefer smaller merges.

I think the only way to make everyone happy is to give us server transfers. A second free xfer token after you are done with merges would make everyone happy. This way people can choose whether they want to join a 1500+ player “toxic mess” or if they want to tuck away in a 400 player quiet server.

To be perfectly honest I would pay for a server transfer token, so Amazon what are you waiting for? Let us give you money already.

2 Likes

If you log in, you’ll now see which server your world is merging into. It doesn’t answer the question for everyone in one fell swoop, but you’ll at least know for yourself.

would you mind providing a territory map of Ys?

It’s nice to see that the official post has been properly updated (read: edited) with the date/time and actual clear list of destination servers, however not a single acknowledgement that this was left out and has now been included can be found.

A bit of courtesy goes a long way. Just own the mistake and move on. It’s not a horrendous mistake, but it affects players and their choices. Quietly editing a post makes it seem an awful lot like nobody cares that crucial information was left out. These kinds of things are far too common for this development and community management group. I suspect player numbers continue to reflect that.

I do not intend to flame but if my server ends with a merge, where there will be less than 1k people I either will delete my character and try to create a new one on another server (lvl52 as of now) or just straight stop playing. I see no point merged servers being less than 1.2k or lower.

1 Like

You might already be aware by now but Delphnius has already merged into Bouneima. It took place a few days ago.

Too bad their “goal count” is low. The average is not 1200-1300 for arkadia chi. Not unless 500ish people coming back.

1000 Is about the cap for those 6 servers assuming its the the 1 hour peak time on a saturday.

Arkadia chi could have been a nice medium high pop server if they combined the entire world set but they can’t even merge correctly… with way too low a “target” number. Fuck just make the servers 1200 max then and remove the MMO tag.

Waited 6 weeks for merges, no merge okay Ill transfer to the highest pop in my world set and then at least when merges do finally come I can still be with my friends but nah yall said go fuck yourself kid use some lube next time before you go around just dicking me down…

BACK TO WAITING AND TROLLING ON THE FORUMS YAYYYYYYYYYYYY /s I just want to fucking play new world on a not dead server with my friends, but you guys make it impossible.

1 Like

Yeah I dont get merging all super low worlds together to get a normal low playercount after merges is smart whatsoever, Im in a world set that with our 5 together max peak will be about 350 players, not sure how AGS think thats going to be a healthy or sustainable population, very disappointed, if its still as poor or not much of a difference post merge Ill be afking until I am allowed to use my server transfer token I never used to move to delos where my world set should have all moved with these merges.

1 Like

At this point I’m 100% convinced the marketing strategy is to kill the game. No one single dev team could be this ignorant. SOMEONE in the dev team would speak up and be like ummmm “aren’t we being stupid as fuck”.

Btw you can use your token if you haven’t already. I would go to one of the 4 servers in US east they are deeming to be “high pop”, because if the strategy isn’t to kill the game, I can only imagine they only want valhala olympus calganor or pluto (pluto seems least toxic) to be high pop. But I’m still sticking with my the plan is to kill the game thoughts.

Imagine if we didn’t have to speculate everything!? Fuck what world that would be.